Search for content in message boards

Donald "Red Dan" McIntyre/Flora Montgomery - ancestors

Donald "Red Dan" McIntyre/Flora Montgomery - ancestors

Frank Tracy (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2002 8:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mcintyre Montgomery
Donald McIntyre (B1834/d1889)and his wife Flora Montgomery (b1847/d1911)settled first in Bruce Mines area about 1877 when the mine and quarry were operating and then moved to MacLennan on the old Ingle property later owned by Mrs Paat. They are buried in the old Tarbutt cemetery.
They had 10 children. The first four - Margaret, Kenneth, Phoebe and Malcom - were born in southern Ontario.
Question: Can anyone tell me where and when Donald and Flora were married? Where were the children born? Any information on their ancestors?

Re: Donald "Red Dan" McIntyre/Flora Montgomery - ancestors

Posted: 28 Jul 2006 12:12AM GMT
Surnames: MONTGOMERY, McINTYRE, McKENZIE, WARBIN, McKINNIS, STRAITH
I've no known family connection.
Ontario Marriages gives the following info. Donald M. Mcintyre age 40 b. Scotland to Archibald and Mary McIntyre, a resident of Bruce Twp, Algoma married on 7 Feb 1874 Flora Montgomery, resident of Kincardine Twp, age 23, b. Nova Scotia to Malcolm Montgomery and Catherine McKenzie. Witnesses: Murdock Warbin (spelling??) and Angus McInnis. Both parties listed as Presbyterian. Marriage by license in Paisley, by John Straith.
Hope this helps.

Posted: 22 Jul 2009 12:50AM GMT
Surnames: montgomery
Hi. My husband is the 2nd great-grandson of Flora Montgomery's parents, Malcolm Montgomery and Christena Mackenzie. Malcolm came from the Isle of Lewis, in Scotland. They farmed in Kincardine Township from about 1854 after spending several years in Nova Scotia after leaving Scotland. Malcolm and Christina are buried in the Tiverton Cemetery, near Kincardine. I have some other information if you are interested.

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 4:21PM GMT
HI there
Don't know if this is any help but my grandfather's"Stanley Joseph's Montgomery " sister was married to an Archibald from Bruce Mines
Maude Archibald nee Montgomery
Lived on at first in Poplar dale and then on Fisher side road.
I do remember them speaking of an Aunt Flora but at this time cannot connect.
I might be able to dig up a little more information..

per page

Find a board about a specific topic