Search for content in message boards

Alexander Haywood/Hayward Parker Family

Alexander Haywood/Hayward Parker Family

Rhonda Kirschmann (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2001 4:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parker, Smith, Taylor
Hello,

I'm currently researching the family of Alexander Haywood Parker and Mary Jane Smith/Taylor. This is what I have so far.

Alexander Haywood/Hayward Parker was born March 4, 1848 probably in Alabama (Place of birth per 1880 Census for A.H. Parker, other records indicate KY or MS). He died January 22, 1892, probably in the Cleveland County Arkansas area. He was married to Mary Jane Taylor, who was born September 1846 in KY and died January 24, 1892. They had 9 children.

1.) George Thomas Parker born Aug 23, 1870, ARK. This is probably the same George Thomas Parker Aug 23, 1870-January 17, 1945 who is buried in the Macedonia Cemetery.

2.) Columbus Lee Parker born Feb 13, 1872. Family records site Cleveland County as the place of birth, but Cleveland County was not formed until 1873, so it may have been Jefferson, Davis or Bradley. Columbus Lee Parker died November 18, 1934 in Bienville/Jackson Parish area of Louisiana.

3.) Oceala Parker born January 20, 1874 married Mr. Shirly

4.) John Allen Parker born July 12, 1876. Does not appear with his parents in the 1880 Census. He may have died as a child.

5.) Miles A. "Tank" Parker born Aug 13, 1878. --This is believed to be the same Miles A. Parker as ssdi list as 434-09-4741 who was born in New Edenburg, Ark the son of Alex H. Parker and Mary Smith and who died in Clarks, Caldwell, Louisiana in June 1968.

6.) William Hayward Parker born December 27, 1880 died January 4, 1927

7.) Irene Parker born August 20, 1883 married Mr. Hester

8.) James Foster Parker born April 1887 died Feb 5, 1941

9.) Annie Belle Parker born Aug 8, 1890 died Oct 23, 1962.

Thanks for reading,
Rhonda Kirschmann
P O Box 2442
Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
iguanagirlus@yahoo.com

Re: Alexander Haywood/Hayward Parker Family

Posted: 8 Nov 2001 5:11PM GMT
Surnames: Parker, Taylor
Hello again Alexander Parker Researchers,

I'm just writing a follow up to say that we got the details on the 1880 Census out of the computer at the FHC today. They are as follows:

A.H. Parker Occupation: Farmer, Father born in Ill. Mother born in Mississippi

Mary I. Parker Occupation: Keeping House, Father born in TN, Mother born in North Carolina

George T. Parker, Occupation: At School, Father born Alabama, mother born KY.

Columbus L. Parker, Occupation: At School, Father born Alabama, Mother Born, KY

Oceola Parker, Occupation: At School, Father born Alabama, Mother born KY.

Miles Parker, Father born Al, Moather born KY

Dorothy Taylor, Occupation: Keeping House, Father born North Carolina, Mother born NC.

Also, in the Surname Associations book, I found this:

Parker Family:
32785 Genoa Road
Genoa, Il, 60135
Jane Parker Brown, Family Historian (Descendants of James Parker (ca 1752 New Jersey?-1835 Illinois) and Anna Doty (1765 New Jersey-1830 Illinois).

--Since the 1880 indicates that Alexander Haywood/Hayward Parker's father was born in Ill., I'm hoping that he may be linked into this association. Will post a hardcopy/snailmail letter today and post any update.

Thanks,
Rhonda.

Posted: 9 Nov 2001 2:19AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2005 9:31PM GMT
William H. Parker married Harriet Ann Parnell on December 18, 1872 in Bradley county Arkansas. She was born June 14, 1853. is this your William Hayward Parker ? Please contact NextWave@ais.net.

Posted: 13 Nov 2001 8:16PM GMT
Hello Michael Thompson,

I just got your e-mail. I'm accessing the net from a public terminal rather than my home computer, so I'll have to go check records at home. On the Family of Alexander Haywood Parker, I don't have the spouses and children's names. In order to learn more, I'll probaly have to contact out-of-state cousins by snail mail.

Meanwhile, Do you have any records on William H. Parker that tie him to his parents or siblings? --Maybe an obituary or funeral home record? Do you know when William H. Parker or his wife Harriet Ann Parnell died or where he/she was buried?

Hope to talk to you soon,
Rhonda Kirschmann
P O Box 2442

Posted: 13 Nov 2001 10:33PM GMT
I do not know William H. Parker's parents or siblings yet. He married Harriet Ann Parnell (daughter of Benjamin M. Parnell and Sarah C. Robinson) on 18 Dec 1872, in Bradley County, Arkansas. She was born 14 June 1853 and died 16 Nov 1885 in Cleveland County, Arkansas. She is buried I believe as ANNIE PARKER in Kingsland Cemetery, Kingsland, Cleveland County, Arkansas. There are a lot of Parkers there. There is an Eld. W.H. Parker born 1885, but don't think this is him.

Re: Alexander Haywood/Hayward Parker Family - correction

Posted: 13 Nov 2001 10:52PM GMT
Sorry, she is Harriet Parnell Parker is buried in Shady Grove #2 Cemetery, New Edinburg, Cleveland County, Arkansas.

Re: William Hayward Parker, Bradley Ark, son of Alexander H. Parker & Mary Jane Smith Taylor

Posted: 14 Nov 2001 9:56PM GMT
Hello again,

I've reviewed my notes on William Hayward Parker, son of Alexander Haywood Parker born December 27, 1880, d. Jan 4, 1927, buried in the Danville Cemetery in Bienville Parish, Louisiana. Reportedly, this man never married.

So William Hayward Parker, son of Alexander Haywood Parker, could not have been the William H. Parker who married Harriet Ann Parnell on December 18, 1872 in Bradley County. (--The marriage was 8 years before the birth.)

There is a possibility that the William H. Parker who married Harriet Ann Parnell was the brother of, rather than the son of Alexander Haywood/Hayward Parker. --In 1872, the year of the marriage of your William H. Parker, Alexander Haywood/Hayward Parker had his second son (Columbus Lee Parker Sr.) in Bradley County.

Just this week, I learned from a cousin that the parents of Alexander Haywood/Hayward Parker were John H. Parker and Margaret.

I've not yet learned the names of any of the siblings of Alexander Haywood/Hayward Parker.

I do have a distant cousin who knows more of the family of John H. Parker and Margaret. Unfortunately, I know only her very informal nickname. I don't have a name or other contact information for her at this point, but with any luck, my cousins will be putting me in touch with her soon. I will make a direct inquiry into whether Alexander H. Parker had a brother named William H. Parker who married Harriet Ann Parnell.

Good luck in your research, and I hope to know more soon,
Rhonda Kirschmann
P O Box 2442

Re: William Hayward Parker, Bradley Ark

Posted: 19 Nov 2001 9:18PM GMT
Surnames: Parker
Hello again,

First, I've just seen a post on the Parker message boards at Ancestry.com that will take your interest. A man named Richard L. Bush is researching your William H. Parker and Harriet Ann Parnell!

Next, I spoke with my cousin today regarding the family of John H. Parker. There was a son named William born in 1851.

The family of John H. Parker and Margaret are as follows:

John H. Parker b. 1811 married Margaret.

Their children were:

-Thomas b. abt. 1834 married Martha A.
-James b. 1837
-Mary b. 1841 in MS probably married Richard Byer
-Sarah b. 1843
-Caroline b. 1845
-Alexander Haywood/Hayward b. 1848
-Maggie b. 1849-1850
-William b. 1851
-Elizabeth b. 1858

This family appears in the 1840 & 1850 in Pontotoc County, MS, then the 1870in Bradley County Ark.

Still trying to prove our William Parkers are the same person...

Good luck in your research, and hope to write again soon,
Rhonda Kirschmann
P O Box 2442

Re: William Hayward Parker, Bradley Ark

Posted: 20 Nov 2001 5:22AM GMT
Can you direct an email to me at nextwave@ais.net ?

William H. Parker is a Baptist Minister and is a widower at age 55 (Harriett has pased) and living with his son John H. Parker in 1910 in Lee Township, Cleveland County, Arkansas. John is married to Cora Lee ? They are both buried at Shady Grove Cemetery, in Cleveland County.

Can you put me in touch Richard L. Bush?

Re: William Hayward Parker, Bradley Ark, son of Alexander H. Parker & Mary Jane Smith Taylor

Posted: 25 May 2008 5:17AM GMT
Surnames: Parker Ray
Hi
Idon't know if we have talked before, but I am working on the John H. Parker family, I just started using rootsweb again, so I am kind of behind.
I would be glad to share what I have with anyone interested, I have run into a dead end with John H. Sr. just his birth 1811 in Kentucky.
Will get back to you later it's one oclock and I need some rest so I can get up for Church tomm. Ha

Jennie556@aol.com
Sue Snider
Boise Idaho
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions