Search for content in message boards

Eisele

Posted: 15 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2003 3:14AM GMT
Surnames: Eisele, Baustian, Broders, Schafer

I am interested to have contact with my mother's family. My maternal grandfather was Elmer Baustian. His parents were George and Philippina Eisele Baustian. My maternal grandmother was Anna Myrtle Broders and her father was Otto Broders and mother, Catherine Schafer. I have quite a bit of info on Schafers and Baustians, but little on Broders and Eiseles. Any one working on those lines? Please email me directly.

Baustian Family

Mark Baustian (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Baustian
Baustian's from Germany to Iowa.

Hello Glenda, my name is Mark Baustian and I live in Leavenworth, Kansas. I have a book called "One Century in the United States" written by Doris Jean Baustian. It contains names and a family tree of Elmer and Myrtle Baustian.

This book was published in 1961. For about the past month I have been updating the tree and including family information.

I have started a new family tree on Ancestry. com for viewing by other family members. It will probably take a few days for it to be viewed.....but it is coming. Next step will be to add information after the date of publication. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark
Posted: 20 Feb 2003 12:45AM GMT
Otto Carl Broders was born in 1872, probably somewhere around Springfield Illinois. He had a brother named Henry Broders Jr. He had a sister named Anna and another sister whose name we don't know. There were also 3 step-sisters as Ottos mother was the widow of a Civil War soldier whose last name was Warner. Ottos father was Henry Broders Sr, he was born in 1825, we think, in Garding, Schleswig Holstein in what is modern Germany. Henry Sr. served in the war for Holstein independance from Denmark before coming to the United States. Henry Sr. joined A company of the 17th Missouri Infantry on August 23 1861. He was transfered to the 4th Ohio Infantry in 1863. He re-enlisted on the 7th of October 1864 and was assigned to I company of the 59th Illinois Infantry. I checked the online records of the 17th Missouri where Henry is listed, the 4th Ohio doesn't appear to have a roster of members online and the listings for I company of the 59th Illinois have a listing for a Henry Brothers which is probably a transcription error. Henry was discharged on October 15th 1865. The 17th Missouri also lists a William Broders also of Garding, Schleswig Holstein who may or may not be a brother of Henry. Henry Sr. married Frances Warner who was born February 5th 1835 and she died on the 24th of June 1919. Henry Sr died on the 23rd of June 1900. Otto had 6 children, Myrtle you know more about than I do. The others are Lester Broders, Ella Broders Schultz, Eva Broders Schultz, Ralph Broders whom I belive lived less than a year and Elmer Henry Broders. Elmer was my grandfather. He was born July 24th 1891. He married Mae Schultz who was born July 23 1897. Elmer and Mae had 4 sons Warren Broders Born June 21st 1918, His wifes name was Doris. Warren and Doris are in the Sheradon township cemetery. Russell lived less than a year and is burried in Minesota. Merle Broders born July 21st 1924 and served in the U.S. Navy aboard the USS Frederick Funston at Iwo Jima. Merle is burried in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Merles wife is still living. The remaining son is still living and the major source of much of this information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions