Search for content in message boards

Looking for Bray Ancestors, Deer Isle

Looking for Bray Ancestors, Deer Isle

Gordon Bray (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 11:13AM GMT
Have been looking for Brays, from Deer Isle/Stonington, Maine. Got as far back as Willoughby, circa 1800. He had children, Jessie, Susan, Mary, but big gap after that. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Brays of Deer Isle/ Stonington

Posted: 30 Oct 2000 2:26PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2004 10:26PM GMT
About 20 years ago I cataloged the cemetaries in Deer Isle and Stonington..alot of the little out of the way small ones, there's even a small Bray cemetary. I have Bray names with birth and death dates and which cemetaries they are in if you are interested. I'd be happy to send you what I have.
Janice

Brays of Deer Isle/Stonington

Luann Colao (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2000 11:03AM GMT
Janice,
Thanks for your response. We would love to see what you have, if you can e-mail it. We were able to find the names Willoughby Bray, whose children were George W., Jesse, Harriet. I believe the time period was late 1700's. Willoughby's wife was Mary. Let me know if you have anything. Thank you for your help!

Bray Deer Isle/Stonington

Posted: 1 Nov 2000 1:50PM GMT
email to where?
Janice

Brays of Stonington/Deer Isle

Luann Colao (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2000 6:48AM GMT
Hi Janice, I am sorry....my e-mail address is Mamalu1026@aol.com My father has some info too, so I'll send you back what he has once I get it. Thanks again!

Brays of Deer Isle

Karen Sullivan (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 2000 9:07PM GMT
Gordon,

See my response to Luann's message posted today.

Karen Sullivan

Re: Brays of Deer Isle/ Stonington

Carol (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2001 7:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Haskell, Glasier, Wilkes
Hello,
have you noted a grave on Little Deer Isle, Maine of Carrie Haskell? Carrie (Glaser/Glasier?) married Russell Davis Haskell (?date) and Carrie died o/a June 17, 1918 giving birth to 2nd daughter, Ruth Haskell. My Mother in-law, Rozanne was the 1st daughter. Any information noted from the grave of Carrie Haskell would be a big help.
Also, any information on Russell Davis Haskell is appreciated. We understand his parents were also from Deer Isle, a William and Jane (?) Haskell. We believe Russell had many siblings but have no idea who. Thank you!

Posted: 20 Sep 2001 3:08PM GMT
I can't find a site for Carrie in any of the Little Deer Isle Cemeteries. Please email me, I might haave a contact for you with information.
ElectSDO@hypernet.com

Janice

Posted: 12 Jun 2009 12:11AM GMT
My maternal grandfather was William Bray, his father Michael Bray was supposedly out of Vinal Haven, ME. I believe Deer Isle and Stonington are in that vacinity. They moved to Pawcatuck, CT and Michael was a stone cutter at the Smith quarry in Westerly, RI.

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 10:12AM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2012 10:14AM GMT
Could I get a copy of the cemetery . My maternal grandfather was Forrest Bray Married to Christina Robbins. I have just started my tree. ceweed@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions