Search for content in message boards

Abernathy in Bollinger County

Abernathy in Bollinger County

Kathy Swallows (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Abernathy, Fowler
Looking for any information on Charity ABERNATHY and Henry FOWLER. The couple married before 1874 and had three known children: Arminta, J.D. and Mollie. Arminta was was born and later married in Bollinger County. I've checked census records for Bollinger County, but have found no record of a Charity ABERNATHY OR Henry FOWLER. Any help would be appreciated.

Charity Abernathy

Posted: 10 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2002 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: Abernathy, Jackson
The Charity Abernathy you seek could be the daughter of Alexander ABERNATHY and Mary JACKSON. They are listed in the WAYNE County 1850 U.S. Population Census.

Re: Abernathy in Bollinger County

Posted: 7 Aug 2001 10:57PM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2004 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: Fowler
Hello, Henry Marion and Charity Fowler are my gg-grandparents. I do know they have more then 3 children. They are Francis Marikon Fowler 1847-1949, Emro Fowler 1871-1872, Arminta Fowler 1874-1959, Zillia Fowler 1875-1938, George Washington Fowler 1879-1879, Henry Franklin Fowler 1880-1920 who is my g-grandfather, Mollie Fowler 1882-unknow, James Daniel Fowler 1885-1959, Cordelia Fowler 1888-1954. I do have who they married and their children. I am going to Bollinger Co. Mo to look up some on Henry Franklin if i can help please let me know. The papers i have when i get back i can scam for you. Wish me luck.
Marla

Posted: 24 Aug 2001 5:52AM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2001 8:18AM GMT
For those researching the Henry Marion and Charity Abernathy Fowler family: Their daughter Mollie who married John Franklin Bell was born 24 Apr 1882 and died in Sep 1972. She evidently did not ever remarry after John's death in 1924. She did live in Indiana at one time as that is where her social security number was issued from. This information is from the Rootsweb SSDI.

My only interest is that I'm trying to get information on the Abernathy family for my husband's cousin who is a descendant of Charity's brother John Abernathy.

Posted: 13 Sep 2001 11:55PM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2004 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: Fowler
Hello, i have copies of the census of Bollinger County and they are listed.in the 1880's if you like i can scan copies to you. Let me know. Marla

Posted: 5 Apr 2002 10:38PM GMT
hi charity abernathy was the daughter of david alexander abernathy (my great grandfather) and mary "polly" c. jackson, sister of john "stumpy" jackson, who is my great, great grandfather on my mother's side. charity was a sister to:
sarah elizabeth abernathy
barney thomas abernathy
john abernathy
william l. "bud" abernathy
ama elizabeth abernathy
emily jane abernathy
mary e. usley abernathy
reuben monroe abernathy (my grandfather)

have more info if you want - you can e-mail me at: danjas@aol.com

jo ann

Posted: 14 May 2004 2:32PM GMT
I am interested in the brothers and sister of David Alexander Abernathy. His father is listed as Isaiah Abernathy born in NC in 1792. The Isaiah that matches by age in the Lincoln Co. NC census of 1840 seems to have as many as 10 children. The postings on the internet only mention 4 with information about 2; David Alexander and Amy. I am begining to suspect that my great great grandmother Eva Abernathy may be one of the children of Isaiah and thus a sister to David Alexander. I have a few hints that point that way. Any information you might have on this family would be helpful

Posted: 6 Jan 2009 5:58PM GMT
Do you happen to know if Zilla Fowler married a Noah Shrout about 1900?

Posted: 7 Jan 2009 5:06AM GMT
Zilla Fowler married Rev. J. H. Sherrill (Shirrell), 7 Dec 1899, in Bollinger Co. and was still married to him at the time of her death, 5 Feb 1938.
Dale

Posted: 8 Jan 2009 4:24AM GMT
If you are talking about Zillia Fowler, daughter of Henry Marion Fowler & Charity Abernathy, my great grand Aunt Zilly married John H. Shirrell December 7, 1899 in Zalma, Bollinger County; they had three children Clarence, Carrie and Collie.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions