Search for content in message boards

Adoption, Vandeford

Adoption, Vandeford

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 5:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vandeford, Hunter, Kush, Alley
My Grandfather was born in 1938 and was given up for adoption along with a younger brother (by about a year.) He was placed through the St. Ann's orphanage in St. Louis Missouri and shortly after became fostered by Harry and Theresa Hunter by April of 1940.

We just recently found out he was adopted under the name of Lloyd Vandeford. My family is looking for his paternal family. From old family stories my grandmother contacted my grandfathers mother by the name of Vera, when my mother was a child, but my grandfather Lloyd wanted no part of it at the time. sadly now this last name is the only source we have to find out our history.

According to a census in the same time he was a ward of the Juvenal court and being fostered by the Hunters in the St. Louis area of Kirkwood, there was a Vandeford Couple living in the St. Louis area by the names of Lloyd Vandeford and Vera Vandeford, and were married according to the 1940 census, Vera was 16 at the time and Lloyd was 22, they had a small son named Lonny. Meaning they would have been young parents at the time of my grandfathers birth.

My family found it interesting that mt grandfather and this Lloyd Vandeford had the same name, and we have no way to tell if my grandfather was originally a Jr.

I am looking for anyone who knows about Vera Vandeford or Lloyd Vandeford, children, other spouses, or their relatives. It is hard to say if this is the right track but I would appreciate if anyone has any type of info within Lloyd and Vera Vanderford, from what I have read they both have been remarried a few time, with Vera, Kush, Vandeford, & Alley.

Please contact me with any info, Thank you!

Re: Adoption, Vandeford

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 12:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vandeford
Hi,

I wonder if Lloyd Vandeford Sr. was married before Vera and Lloyd and Kenneth were his sons. Then he married Vera and she wasn't equipped to raise three small sons or didn't want to raise Lloyd's first wife's sons.

Also the older Lloyd might have been an uncle or cousin of the boys' father.

Have you contacted Missouri Health and Senior Services Bureau Vital Records and asked about how you can get a copy of younger Lloyd's original birth certificate? You'll find more information about adopton records in Missouri at https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Missouri.

Lloyd Vandeford
Born: 19 April 1917
Last Residence: Bismarck, Saint Francois, MO
Died: 2 July 2002
Source: U. S. Social Security Death Index 1935-Current

His obituary was published in the Bismarck, Missouri Farm D-J, July 3, 2002.

It's probably to much to think that the younger Lloyd and Kenneth might be mentioned in the older Lloyd's obituary.

Lonny Deloy Vandeford
Born: 16 June 1939, MO
Died: 11 April 1985, Los Angeles Co., CA
Mother's Maiden Name: Kush
Source: California Death Index 1940-97.

Successful Searching!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions