Blanchards of Rhode Island

Blanchards of Rhode Island

Posted: 21 Jan 2000 3:11PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 3:15PM GMT
Anyone have any knowledge of the following:
Isaac Bradford, born 1746, Foster, RI
William Blanchard born 2-19-1764, RI
Douglas Farnum Blanchard,born 3-25-1813, Foster, RI
Henry Clinton Blanchard, born 4-26-1834 Foster, RI, married to Abby Ross (family of Betsy Ross)
Luella Blanchard Taft, born 11-24-1858, Oxbridge

Blanchard

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 3:48PM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2001 3:12AM GMT
Whay info do you need? I have Wm. m Jane Steer MY line Let me know Larh@aol,com

Blanchard

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 3:49PM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2001 3:12AM GMT
Whay info do you need? I have Wm. m Jane Steer MY line Let me know Larh@aol,com

Re: Blanchards of Rhode Island

Posted: 12 Jan 2010 7:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
My Aunt Marian Lashua and I are doing research on our Blanchard ancestors that also include Isaac we are both from the NY State branch of the Blanchard ancestry we would be pleased to help you with this research Gerald Collins

Posted: 13 Jan 2010 9:15PM GMT
Gerald, please identify your "NY line of BLANCHARDs. There are several lines that originate with Thomas, the immigrant (1639)including mine which is Thomas>George>George>William>Abner.
Note that this William, from Killingly, Windham, CT, married Thankful Webster
Fletcher

Posted: 13 Jan 2010 10:08PM GMT
Hi our lines of Blanchards are Isaac, Isaac Jr, Howland, George W, William A, Charles E, my Grandmother Margaret from the Natural Bridge Town of Wilna, and Harrisville Town Of Diana Ny Jefferson and Lewis Counties my Aunt has the details of our Blanchard ancestors those above are the main ones in the USA I hope I answered your question ok if not let me know thanks for your prompt reply Gerald Collins

Posted: 15 Jan 2010 5:45PM GMT
Gerald,

I will continue this discussion on the Board, but it may be better to exchange e-mails unless other Board readers are interested.

There are several possibilities for the origins of your "Isaac" line. Since this thread was titled "Blanchards of Rhode Island", can I assume that Isaac's line has a connection to RI?

I manage the BLANCHARD List at RootsWeb and offer the following suggestions. Have you searched the BLANCHARD List Archives at
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin
/search?aop?list=BLANCHARD ?

Some key search words relative to Isaac (names, locations, dates) may return some useful information in the List messages that go back to 1996.

Many of the messages refer to descendants of the immigrants Thomas (1639) known to have immigrated to Boston from England and Joseph who arrived in Boston in 1637 and is only presumed to have come from England. Our DNA Project has proved that these two lines are not related though this was thought to be true for many years.

Numerous other lines have connections to Canada and many BLANCHARDs came to America across the borders of northern New England, New York and states farther west. In addition, several lines have connections to the Acadians.

To be more specific, since Jefferson and Lewis Cos, are in the NW area of NY, Isaac's ancestors may have come from Canada either directly or from some other earlier location such as New England.

If you have proof that Isaac has ties to RI, I may be able to help you connect him to one of the early lines that members of the BLANCHARD List have confirmed.

Fletcher

Posted: 15 Jan 2010 8:37PM GMT
Surnames: Blanchards
I am the Aunt that Gerald Collins referred to.The following is a listing that shows the Blanchards who came to NNY in the early 1800's.
Jefferson County, NY Pioneers – Extracted by Rebecca Rector from Our County & It’s People: Descriptive Work on Jefferson Co., NY, by Edgar C. Emerson, 1898

he following are from the assessment of 1825):
Isaac Blanchard

Caleb Blanchard

Robert Blanchard

Howland Blanchard
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions