Search for content in message boards

Kasper Goebel (Kaspar oder Casper Cable/Cabel)

Kasper Goebel (Kaspar oder Casper Cable/Cabel)

Judy T. Murphy (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2002 5:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Goebel, Cable, Cabel
Hallo Suchende Informationen über den wahrscheinlichen Geburtsort meines Vorfahrs Kaspar Goebel (Casper Cable/Cabel) getragenes Ca 1754 oder 1755 in Hesse. Einige Aufzeichnungen zeigen ihn wurden getragen im Rotenburg amt Rodenhausen, das andere Rodenhausen zeigen. Er war ein Grenadier in Von Rall Regiment, Company 3.

Wo ist der Rotenburg, und Rodenhausen und Rotenburg amt Rodenhausen?

Respektvoll Judy Murphy

Hello

Seeking information on my ancestor Kasper Goebel (Casper Cable/Cabel) born ca 1754 or 1755 in Hesse. Some early records say he was born in Rotenburg amt Rodenhausen and some say Rodenhausen. He was a Grenadier in Von Rall's Regiment Company 3.

Where is Rotenburg and Rodenhausen and Rotenburg amt Rodenhausen?

Respectfully

Judy Murphy

Re: Kasper Goebel (Kaspar oder Casper Cable/Cabel)

Cynthia Cable Hay (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2003 8:44PM GMT
I'm an 8th generation descendent of this Kasper. Do you have any information concerning his fighting with the Americans after being captured? Thank you for any information!

Posted: 3 Oct 2003 12:26AM GMT
Hi

Sorry no, found nothing on his service. are you trying for DAR submission?

Posted: 3 Oct 2003 6:59PM GMT
Yes, we are trying to document for DAR. Any suggestions?

Posted: 3 Oct 2003 10:43PM GMT
me too. here is what i am looking at:
NC defines all tax payers in 1780(sometime in that timeframe?) swore the oath of allegience and if you find tax payer lists with his name, then you are eligible under Patriotic Service.

so far I found him in Wilkes Co NC in 1794 but not earlier.

try another relative and work on casper as a supplemental when it is possible. I descend from his son Samuel who married Elizabeth Jones. I believe her grandfather Lewis signed the Watauga Petition which makes me eligible under Patriotic Service. Working that now.

However I did find where Casper was born in Germany and the next time I am over there, I will go there - Rotenberg a.d. Fulda in what is now the Lohra community, Rodenhausen amt Rotenberg was a little village that is now part of Lohra.

good luck and keep me posted.

judy

Posted: 4 Oct 2003 7:13PM GMT
In a family book by Bryan Aldridge, it states that the fist US Census (1790) shows him as Casper Cabel in Boone. Is this your census? The book has several accounts of Casper serving the Americans, but also states it's family legend, no records have been found. I have long told our children about the Delaware crossing.

I'll keep searching also. Keep me up on anything you find. -Cynthia

Posted: 18 Mar 2007 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Goebel/Cable
Judy, I also am seeking information about my great-grandfather Kaspar Goebel/Casper Cable.. Are you referring to the one who lived in Johnson City, Tennessee? Our local library has several books on him and his decendants and it goes all the way down to my grandfather. Herman Cable.
signed Ramona Cable Goble

Posted: 22 Nov 2007 5:49AM GMT
Surnames: (Kaspar oder Casper Cable/Cabel)
I am looking to find out more information on Casper/Kasper Goebel. Could you possibly inform me the titles of the books you talked about? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posted: 31 Aug 2008 7:13PM GMT
I am trying to document for DAR. My lineage is Casper, Conrad, Casper Febenair or Thomas, Joseph Allen, Thomas Lafayette, Howard, me.

Thank you for any help, Carlotta

Posted: 3 Feb 2009 4:44AM GMT
Surnames: Cable, Boman, Bowman, Bauman, Smithpeter, Smith, Moreland, Heaton
For Ramona-
If you are still reading these posts, I would be interested in corresponding about the Cables. I am a descendant of Sarah (Sally)Cable, one of Kaspar's daughters, who married Cornelius Bowman about 1820 in Johnson County, TN.
Thank you,
Barbara (tennesseepurl5050@msn.com)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions