Search for content in message boards

griswolds in new york

griswolds in new york

becky burgess (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2000 10:33PM GMT
i just recently started working on my family history. my family has resided in western new york for as far back as i can find out. my great-grandfather's name is willard samuel griswold. my great-great-grandfather's name is millard griswold. i am very interested in hearing from some family members that i may not of met but can help me locate some information on my family. i would like to get some information together so my son will know about his family.

Griswold

Posted: 21 Jul 2000 6:24PM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2005 3:43PM GMT
Hi Becky,
Although I am not familiar with them names you mentioned, My line is also from central and western NY. You might try posting a message to the Steuben Co. NY Genweb page, usgenweb.com. There is an Historian working that web sight by the name of Jerome Pulver who has alot of info on Griswolds in that area. Also there were quite a few Griswolds that came up from Bradford Co. Pa. You might check out the census reports.

My Line is : Samuel b.1775, Steuben b.abt 1800, Barney b.1824, Sidney 1856, Barney B. b.1881, George Sidney b.1905 (My Grandfather).

Good Luck!
Denise Griswold

griswold

becky burgess (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2000 7:19AM GMT
j.denise griswold, thank you for the reply. my great,great, great grandfather was edmond griswold and he worked on the genesee valley canel that ran from batavia, ny to cuba, ny. do you know where i may get some information on the genesee valley canal? if you could let me know that would be great.thank you for responding to my bullitin. it would be great to hear from you again.

Griswold

Posted: 22 Jul 2000 10:23AM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2005 3:43PM GMT
Hi Becky,
I did alittle looking and found a site for New York State Canals, www.canals.state.ny.us This site shows the Genesse Valley Canal 1840-1878 from Rochester to Olean NY. There are also references to records, you may need to write them to get copies, one I thought might be helpful is from the comptroller records, Doc. A0013, abstracts, checkrolls and vouchers for canal expenditures, this is suppose to have employee names for payroll purposes. Anyway check this out and see if you can find him!
Good Luck!
Denise

help

Kelly Griswold (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 1:07PM GMT
Hi becky..

I'm really interested in knowing if i'm related to any other Griswold's... I live in Kansas and the ones that I know i'm related to live in St. Joseph, Missouri.. I've heard that i am related to some in California, but i'm not sure...if you have any information i would appreciate it.....Thanks....
Kelly

St. Joseph, Missouri

Mary Dakin Griswold (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2000 11:31PM GMT
My grandfather,Chauncey Warner,was born in St.Joseph,Mo.his father
was Oscar Griswold, Mother was Reliance(Brown)
Griswold.Chauncey's older 3 brothers, had moved to Elko County, Nevada
He joined them about the time of his mothers
death.If you contact the Northeastern Nevada
Historical Society, they have the latest Quarterly.
which you can purchase for $6.50.The address is 1515 Idaho St. Elko, NV 89801. The Griswold's held a family reunion July 20,21,22,23,
of this year and there was a special exhibit
of the Griswold's who had come to Nevada from
St. Joseph, MO. The brothers were Isaac, Willard,
and Alfred. I hope this will help you!

MaryDakin Griswold

Western NY Griswolds

Harold Reigle (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2000 8:04AM GMT
Becky, I knew a griswold family living 10 miles from Batavia NY. Ed Hattie griswold, children Marjorie and Lavern. My sister was married to Lavern. Any help to you? My Email is hreigle@midusa.net

Re: griswolds in new york

Posted: 7 Jul 2001 6:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Griswold, Cleveland
Hi, My Grandfather's name was Willard Samuel Griswold ,,,
b. Jan. 1, 1894 He lived near Ceres NY. He had many children, Marie Griswold being my mother. Would this be the same family?
I am interested in finding info regarding out my Indian/Native American heritage which is supposed to come from this line, in connection with the "Cleveland" family relations. Any info would be appreciated:)

Judy (jabed3@aol.com)

Re: Griswold

Nellie Egan (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2001 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: Griswold
Would you happen to have a Watson, Lewis or Rexford Griswold in your line?

Re: griswolds in new york

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2004 2:01PM GMT
Surnames: Griswold
Was your Willard married to a Daisy Mae? If so please contact me at grizlj@yahoo.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions