Search for content in message boards

Hehir Australia search

Hehir Australia search

Judith (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 3:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hehir
Hi
Iam researchiny my G Grandmother Helen Hehir born Co Clare 1843 Parents Michael Hehir and Ann Hehir,formerly Horlock.
It appears she came to Australia in 1856 but how and with whom have not been able to establish.
Her marriage certificate is witnessed by an Annie Hehir but this could be her sister perhaps or cousin or neither.
Any help would be more than appreciated
Regards
Judith

Re: Hehir Australia search

Warwick (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2001 5:16AM GMT
Hello Judith,

Check out the following searchable immigrant databases in australia.
the public records office of victoria, ships listings
http://www.vic.gov.au/prov/UNASSISTED1.asp
and the national archives
http://www.naa.gov.au/The_Collection/Family_History/family_h...

http://www.naa.gov.au/The_Collection/Family_History/immigran...

you may well be able to find your relatives on one of the ships passenger lists, I was able to.

Cheers
Warwick

Posted: 8 Feb 2003 3:32AM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2011 10:02AM GMT
Surnames: Hehir, O'Hehier, O'Hare
Hello,
My G G Grandmother was Susah Josephine O'Hare/Hehir born Killow, Clare Abbey, Clare Castle, Co. Clare, Ireland on 15 Oct 1833.
She came to Australia.

Her parents were:
Timothy O'Hare and Ann McMahon
They had the following children -
Bridget 1832 (came to Australia, known as Hehier)
Susan 1833 (came to Australia)
Elizabeth 1835 (known as Hehir)
John 1836 (came to Australia, known as O'Heir)
Michael 1839 (known as Hehir)
Thomas 1839 (also Thomas 1844 could possibly be the same person, known as Hehir)
Honora 1941 (known as Hare)
Anna Maria 1844(?) (came to Australia, known as Annie on her marriage certificate)

Could there be any connections between our families?

Thanks
A O'Brien

Dennis J. Dooley (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2003 10:00PM GMT
My great grandmother was an Ann Hehir of Knock James, Tulla, Co. Clare. All I know is that she married Thomas Dooley of Ballyoughtera, Tulla, probably sometime in the 1860s. To my knowledge, they both lived out their lives there, but several of their children, including my grandfather Thomas F. Dooley, emigrated to America (Chicago). My cousin Anna (Dooley) Fitzgerald still lives in the house where Ann Hehir (her grandmother) grew up: you can write her at Knock James, Tulla, Co. Clare, Ireland. She may know something. Have you by any chance run across any references to Dooleys in your tracing of the Hehirs?

Posted: 3 Aug 2009 7:56AM GMT
Hello, A O'Brien
Only today did I find your posting.

My Great Grandparents were John William Kinsella and Anna Maria Hehir (born Killow, Clare Castle in 1844, the youngest daughter of Timothy Hehir and Ann McMahon).

We are clearly related, and I would love to be in contact to share family history information. I live in Melbourne, on 9844 2635.

I have been told that Anna's brother John married Sarah Brigid, and that they are buried together in Stawell (she died 12 Jan 1879; he 10 Nov 1890)

I look forward to hearing from you

Greg Delaney

Posted: 8 Nov 2010 6:20AM GMT
Surnames: Kinsella, O'hehir
Hi Greg, My Great Grandfather also was John William Kinsella, my mother Margaret Victoria (1917-1970) daughter of Willian John Kinsella (1869-1937).

Posted: 16 Jan 2014 12:41AM GMT
Surnames: kinsella - wyatt
Hi Greg,

My Husband william john wyatt, great grandparents are also John William Kinsella and Anna Maria Hehir his grandparents are William John Kinsella and Francis Ann Willis they are from Hillgrove, one of Bills cousins is Phillip Doherty who has replied to you as well. hope to be intouch.
Vickie Wyatt
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions