Search for content in message boards

Lovely's in Ireland

Lovely's in Ireland

Posted: 5 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2002 5:27PM GMT
Surnames: Lovely, Browning, Kinser, Fraley
I am searching for the birth of a William Lovely. He would have been born around 1750. The William Lovely who was a Cherokee agent in the United States is said to be a native of Ireland. Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thank You!
Cindy

PS. Would be willing to share any info I have in regards to this family.

Re: Lovely's in Ireland

Posted: 31 Aug 2002 7:43PM GMT
Surnames: Lovely, Reed
Cindy,
The only record I have found for a Wm. Lovely In Ireland is from familysearch.org - a christening 12 Aug 1694 Saint Peter and Saint Kevin, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland. Father Tho. Lovely -mother Mary. Source Call No. 0824049 Item 2. This is too early but may be a connection.
I have been researching William Lewis Lovely for at least 10 years to discover the connection w/Catherine Lovely and Samuel Reed(Reid) married in Maysville Mason Co Ky 26 Oct 1829. Her father is listed as John V. Lovely on the marriage document. Believe him to be the postmaster of Paris Bourbon Co KY age 46 just found in 1860 Census. Catherine's son, John Irwin Reed was born in Maysville in 1832.
Family stories refer to William Lewis Lovely but I have not found any record of his children to make a connection.
Have received 2 monographs(written in1986) from Evalyn King 601 East 5th St Russellville, Ark 72801 re Persis Brown Lovely & Major William Lewis Lovely & have accumulated other info from many other sources. They appear to have had no children of their own.
I am sending this same info to sheilam@arkansas.net who mentions a will of Oct 28.1817 of Persis that is not in anything
I have found so far. Would like a copy of that will and any info on William's children.
Will share my findings. Thanks, Dorothy

Posted: 23 Jul 2011 1:03AM GMT
I am looking for any information anyone has about Bertha Lovely. She was my great grandmother, and her parents evidently came to the U.S. from Ireland...I think she may have also, I don't think she was born here...but could be wrong. She married Jessie Kestner and they lived in Kansas for a while (Climax...which is now underwater as I understand). Anyway. I want to figure out where from Ireland she was from, as I want to locate more information about family there. Any information that anyone would have is greatly appreciated.
She is the daughter of Henry Lovely and Isabelle Cross.
N.Walker

Posted: 24 Jul 2011 5:56PM GMT
Hi
Rough DOB's/marriage and religion would help the list to help you.
Cheers

Posted: 15 Sep 2011 8:07PM GMT
Hi,
I searched some online parish registers and found a baptism for Willm Lovely of Backlane in Dublin - parish St Audoen - on 7 Nov 1737, father Robt, mother Ruth. They were Church of Ireland (Protestant). I also have Lovely's in my tree, my ggrandmother was a Lovely, I am trying to trace her ancestors. If I get back as far as the 1700s and find any William's I'll let you know. Good luck in your search, Irish records are quite sparse, but if I can be of any other help let me know.
Regards,
Brenda

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 8:16PM GMT
Surnames: Lovely
There is a Wm Lovely, baptised on 7 Nov 1737 at St Audoen Church, Dublin (COI), father Robt, mother Ruth, address given Backlane, which is in Dublin. You can find the reference at irishgenealogy dot ie, which has church records from selected Irish counties.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic