Search for content in message boards

Sorrell

Sorrell

Kerry Eildon (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sorrell
Looking for any proof that Elisha, Richard, or William Sorrell came from Caroline.

Sorrell

Posted: 28 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2004 3:52PM GMT
Surnames: Hawes, Spencer, Walker, Buckner, Daniel, Coghill, Coleman
Richard Sorrell, William Sorrell, John Sorrell, & Elisha Sorrell are listed on page 229 of Wingfield's History of Caroline County, Virginia, by Marshall Wingfield. They are all on a list of Revolutionary Soldiers of Caroline County. If that isn't the proof you need, perhaps you could write to the National Archives for their Revolutionary War records. You must submit each name on a separate form, which you can obtain from them. John Sorrell born in 1764 married Elizabeth Hawes born 1783, the granddaughter of my gr-gr-gr-gr-gr grandfather, Samuel Hawes I, and they are in the family history book I am writing, "Hawes Family of Virginia and Their Allied Families". Email me direct if I may help you.

Re: Sorrell

Posted: 2 Sep 2004 6:46PM GMT
Do you have any information about William Henry Sorrell who was born in Caroline Cty, Virginia around 1800. He later moved to King George Cty. He married a Mary Miffleton and I think his father was John Sorrell of Caroline Cty.
I'd appreciate any information.
Thanks asawva@cox.net

Joanne Hawes Stoe (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2004 9:39PM GMT
I do not have any of the children of John & Elizabeth Hawes Sorrell in my records. John was born about 1760, Elizabeth about 1783. They certainly are the correct ages to be the parents of your John Henry Sorrell. I plan to visit Caroline & Essex County, Virginia (their records were not burned as in Caroline Co.) in the spring and I will try to find their children. Currently, your information is better than mine in this regard. Sorry. I did find a deed for John Sorrell in Essex Co. two years ago.

Posted: 7 Oct 2004 8:03PM GMT
I am now thinking that my William Sorrell born in 1800 was the son of William Sorrell born 1752 in Caroline county.
I am currently trying to find this line.
Thanks for the John Sorrell info. Good luck
Ann

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 9:51PM GMT
I am down from William Sorrell (1735-1780) and Elisha (1754-1825) I am looking for more info on them. I did just find out today that there is a Sorrell, Virginia. What family member started that community? Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Earl
per page

Find a board about a specific topic