Search for content in message boards

Show Siblings

Show Siblings

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 5:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Nov 2012 8:34PM GMT
Recently (last week), whenever I click on Show Siblings on an individual's Overview page, a message appears on the IE 8 staus bar at the bottom "Error on page" and nothing else. No list of siblings show up in the Family Members section. The only way I can get the list of siblings to appear is to go to the Overview page of one of the parents. See attachment for details about the error. Would appreciate any thoughts on the cause of the problem.
Attachments:

Re: Show Siblings

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 5:47PM GMT
Have you tried using Firefox or another browser? There are several "features" of ancestry.com that do not always work in IE. For example, it appears to be difficult, if not impossible, to upload a profile picture in IE.

I rarely use IE, but I just checked a family with MANY siblings, and they displayed quickly and correctly in IE.

I'm running IE9, but my preferred browser is Firefox, currently Ver 16.0.2.

Re: Show Siblings

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 1:14PM GMT
Sometime yesterday (11/15), the problem when clicking on "Show Siblings" vanished. It was nothing I did. I can only surmise that something done by ACOM corrected the issue. I noticed that sometime yesterday around the same time, the matches listing generated when searching records also changed format in that it now states {xxx record} is attached instead of just a green checkmark next to the record.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic