Search for content in message boards

William Hogan

William Hogan

Posted: 29 Jan 2003 1:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jul 2004 5:15AM GMT
I know it has been a while. I was just going over messages and noticed yours. I would appreciate any info you have on William Hogan. I have just learned that a William Hogan is my ggrandfather. He died when my grandfather was young. They came from Clay Co., TN. Thanks.

Re: William Hogan

Donald (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2003 2:56AM GMT
Nancy, in regards to William Hogan of Clay Co. Tn., as much as I would like to help you, none of my WIlliam Hogans' are from Tennesse. Perhaps if you can provide some dates I can look through my files and see if I do have any data to assist you. Thanks, keep searching, Donald William Hogan

Posted: 30 Jan 2003 6:18AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2004 5:15AM GMT
Thanks for reply. I only have 1877 when my grandfather was born. I have learned that William Hogan from around Clay County TN was my ggrandfather. My ggrandmother was Judith Ann Baker ? Straw? born 1849 in TN. This William was supposed to have died when my grandfather was small. Can't seem to find anything else on this.. Thanks again.
Nancy

Posted: 22 Feb 2003 3:22PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2003 3:57AM GMT
Surnames: HOGAN, ADAMS, MCCANT, FOX, WALL, JONES,WRIGHT, HESKETT
HI, MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS JELUCO@AOL.COM. I AM RELATED TO A WILLIAM HOGAN. WHAT WAS YOUR GRANDFATHERS NAME, ALSO DO YOU KNOW IF HE HAD BROTHERS AND SISTERS? I ALSO HAVE PICTURES IF YOU ARE IN THE SAME FAMILY.THANKS

Kate (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2003 8:20AM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2006 12:53PM GMT
Surnames: Hogan
Hello,
I am related to two William Hogan's.

William Hogan Born 1841, canada s/o Dennis Hogan & Lucretia Waggoner.

William Hogan B 1876 Canda, d 1919 place unknown, married to Selma unknown.

Do you have any connections to the Canadian Hogan's from around the Kingston area. Some of the family moved to the U.S. later.

Thank You,
Kate

Nancy Bowerman (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2003 2:45PM GMT
Sorry Kate, I just don't know enough about our William Hogan to know if he came from Canada or not. The year sounds right. Thanks for response and if I get more info, I will post it.

Darlene (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2003 6:03PM GMT
I have been seeking info about Wm Hogan, my ggranduncle, born about 1858 in New Orleans. His parents were James Hogan, from Tipperary, and Ellen Dean Hogan, from Kerry(Cork). Wm. moved from Iowa to the Dakotas where he operated a sheep ranch. Believe he had a son Michael and daughter. The family moved to California. Before or after Wm. death.
Connect to you?

Donald Wm. Hogan (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2003 12:22AM GMT
Hello. No I am unable to assist you. I wish I could. Best of Luck, Dw.

Posted: 21 Jul 2003 8:11PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2005 4:20PM GMT
Hi! I am descended from a William C. Hogan b. April 21, 1817 in Stewart Co. TN. and d. January 15, 1887 in Clinton Co. IL. I know there were lots of Hogans in Middle Tennessee, in Stewart and Montgomery counties. Clay Co. is just 4 counties to the east on the Kentucky border. There are several Williams through out the generations and I'd say there's a good chance one of them could be your ggrandfather. My William's parents were John H. Hogan and Nancy McGregor.
This family has an interesting history. William's grandfather was Edmund Hogan who fought under George Washington in the American Revolution and went to Kentucky with Daniel Boone.

Posted: 22 Jul 2003 8:47AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2005 4:26AM GMT
Surnames: Hogan & Hendrix
Do you have a source for your reply, "Edmond Hogan went to Kentucky with Daniel Boone"? In the Draper Manuscripts it names only one, Richard Hogan it does say there were 6 Hogan brothers. I found Richard with his brother Edward in Sumner Co., TN in 1792 on the Tax List. The other families that went with Boone were Thomas Denton & Hugh McGary.
The histories of Kentucky tell that three families left N. Carolina, somewhere at the headwaters of the Yadkin River and traveled to Kentucky.At some point they joined Daniel Boone, at a fork in trail the Hogan's went to Harrodsburg and Boone went on to Boonesborough. Edward Hogan first appears in the records of Kentucky Co., VA listed in Capt.Hugh McGary's Company as was his father-in-law to be John Hendrix. McGary's stepsons stood up for Edward Hogan when he married Elizabeth Hendrix, 25 Mar. 1783. Shortly after the marriage Edward Hogan and some of his family went to Tennessee, first to Sumner, White then to Warren Co. Edward and Elizabeth had 13 children. One of Edward Hogan's sons Granville Hogan in a sworn affidavit stated that
his father Edward was in the Rev. War with his father-in-law, Mr. John Harvey. We have not been able to find any records.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic