Search for content in message boards

information about my aunt

information about my aunt

Posted: 27 May 2013 9:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Doris Evelyn Turner, passed away 1935 or 1936, I want to find where she was buried, any information would be appreciated, thank you, Doris E Smith

Doris Evelyn Turner

Posted: 27 May 2013 11:32PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Turner
There is no record of a Doris Turner in the online PA death index for the years 1934 - 1937. [The Soundex code is T656.]

http://www.portal.health.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/commun...

Did she die in Florida? I ask because at FamilySearch there is a death record for a Doris Evelyn Turner who died in FL in 1936.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VV9N-T3Z

If this is the correct person, then you may obtain a death certificate for $5. It should show the place of burial.

Form and instructions to make a mail request:

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/planning_eval/vital_statistics/DH...

Re: information about my aunt

Posted: 28 May 2013 12:00AM GMT
Did she die in PA and is she buried in PA? You haven't mentioned any connection to PA?

Thanks!

Joan, admin
Pennsylvania unknown County board

Posted: 31 May 2013 6:09PM GMT
She was born in Pennsylvania, lived in Ohio, I have good reason to believe she died in Florida

She was 12 when she died that matches what I remember I was told, but somewhere outside Of Orlando Florida. I was born in Orlando a year after she died, I just want to find where she is buried??

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 3:07PM GMT
Here is a Doris Turner on the 1930 census living in Putnam County, Florida (somewhat near Orlando). The census shows her as being born in 1926, which would make her 10 when she died, if the dates are correct and this is the proper person. You could tell us who her parents were, and then the census will confirm or deny the below information.

It is always important on these boards to tell volunteers everything you know. You never know what is a viable clue.

Also, the subject line of "Information about my Aunt" will not yield a search for Doris Turner should some one else be looking for her as well. Your call.

Doris Turner
Collection Description
US Census 1930 Collections from
United States
City/Township
Precinct 19

County
Putnam
State
FloridaYear
Birth Year

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 11:51AM GMT
You could try findagrave.com
Someone may have her grave listed. You can look by state and counties.
Just a thought. Good Luck in your search.
Patty

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 4:08PM GMT
Thank you I will be doing that , I appreciate all help!

Re: Doris Evelyn Turner

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 1:31AM GMT
Yes I found her, she died in Orlando Florida and she is buried there, Thank You For Help! Doris

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 1:33AM GMT
Thank You Patty, I found her, now I can make my trip home, pay my respects to my family, and in about 25 years I will join them

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 1:35AM GMT
Thank You I found her, she was 12 and she died at home, I imagine that my grandmother did not handle the death very well and maybe that is why I was never told very much.......
per page

Find a board about a specific topic