Search for content in message boards

Pennsylvania Vital Records

Pennsylvania Vital Records

Posted: 31 May 2013 3:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Has anyone tried to apply for a Death Certificate from Pennsylvania online recently?? I went on the PA Vital records website and it states they will not allow you to get a Death Certificate for Genealogy purposes.
Then on the same site if you click Genealogy you can fill out the form for a Death Certificate.

Reason I am asking is I am seeking a Death Certificate for a person who may or may not be an Ancestor. This is why I want the Death Certificate to know whether she is an Ancestor or not.

Re: Pennsylvania Vital Records

Posted: 31 May 2013 2:07PM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2013 2:34PM GMT
If you are applying for a death certificate from 1962 or earlier, you may obtain one for $3 plus an SASE at the link below. As far as I know, you must use the form in the link and apply by mail. Online requests are not honored for genealogical purposes.

http://www.portal.health.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/commun...

Posted: 1 Jun 2013 1:51PM GMT

Hello. Please email me concerning a possible death
cert.

parrid@webtv.net

Pete.

Posted: 2 Jun 2013 10:23PM GMT
I just want you to know that I sent a death record request for genealogical purpose and it took five months to get it. I suggest that you send for it and pay the $9 that way you should get it faster.

Posted: 3 Jun 2013 5:41AM GMT
Does anybody know when Ancestry.com is supposed to have the Pennsylvania death certificates 1906-1962 and birth certificates 1906-1907 online?

At first I heard it was to be December, 2012, but that never happened. Then I heard the end of the first quarter, 2013, but that didn't happen, either.

I'd hate to send to PA for all of the certificates that I need, only to have Ancestry turn around and put those databases online the next day :-).

Posted: 3 Jun 2013 11:33AM GMT
go ahead and send the $3.00 request. I did that for a non-relative and got the certificate in the mail. It is a long wait,however. I had almost forgotten I requested it before it magically arrived in my snail mail box.

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 1:33AM GMT
Go to the website listed below and then click Death and Birth Certificates and the click the link 1906-1962 (Death Certificates). When you get to the next page, bookmark it. Click on what year you want and then click A-B, C-D, etc. first letter of last name.

1906-1919 it is alphabetical by LAST name but 1920-1962 it is alphabetical by FIRST name so you will see pages where A-Z first names are listed and some multiple pages A-Z first names.

Once you find the name you can order a digital copy of the Death Certificate for $8.00 by check or PayPal (love this option). Just follow the instructions they give you. I think it's best if you write down the name of deceased along with death date and the last set of numbers you see, pretty sure that's the DC number.

www.pennsylvaniaresearch.com

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 1:40AM GMT
Surnames: Ohlendorf
Shortly after posting this inquiry I found a website listed below where you can order a digital copy of a Death Certificate for $8.00. I did find the name I was looking for and looking for one more name then I will order. They accept payment by Check or PayPal.

www.pennsylvaniaresearch.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions