Search for content in message boards

John Owens, b: 11 Mar 1760 - PA

John Owens, b: 11 Mar 1760 - PA

Lori Lopez (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2002 3:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jun 2013 2:23PM GMT
Surnames: Owens, Lownsberry, Gillespie
Looking for more info on John Owens, b: 11 Mar 1760 and died 11 Feb 1853. He married a Nancy Gillespie who was born 7 Apr 1760 and died 6 Oct 1852. They had at least one daughter (my ancestor) Anne Owens born 20 Aug 1800 and died 23 Aug 1886 who married Benjamin Lownsberry about 1815.

John's father was Peter Owens and his mother's name may have been Alice Perry.

Re: John Owens, b: 11 Mar 1760 - PA

Posted: 21 Mar 2003 3:59AM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2006 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: Owens
John Owens was my gr gr gr gr grandfather. He married Nancy Gillespie in 1789 they are buried in Owens Cemetery Clearfield PA they had nine children Mary, Elizabeth, Peter, Jane, Catherine, John Jr who was my gr gr gr grandfather, Anna, Robert, Kesiah. I would like information on the children in this family the only ones that I know are in the John Jr branch. I do know that John Sr was from York County PA and I was told that he came to the United States from Wales. If can provide any or if you would like more information on John and his family please email me at Janjim54@aol.com Thank you for any and all information you can provide on the Owens'

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 11:38AM GMT
I was reading through the ancestry.com message board and I see you have information on john owens he was also my 5th great grandfather. I am inquiring on information that I had found that he was first married to a Mary, before his wife nancy and had 2 children. Here is the page I found the source information on, I haven't found any records on it yet. and did you also know if john owns had a half brother name Thomas graham. It is all there in the link that I gave you. ere is the link--- http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/d/o/w/James-E-Dow...

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 3:13PM GMT
Did you search for him on RootsWeb?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions