Posted: 3 Feb 2009 8:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Feb 2009 5:07PM GMT
Surnames: allen
Hi I am a relative of William Allen if there are any others out there

Re: William Henry Allen - 3rd Class Passenger - Titanic

Posted: 30 Dec 2010 5:42AM GMT
I am looking for a relative who died on the Titanic. All I know is that he was male, travelling alone, third-class and was a cousin of my grandmother Bentley from Wolverhampton. Do you know if he was connected to any Bentley family?
Thanks

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 9:28PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 17 Jan 2012 12:29PM GMT

Posted: 14 Jan 2012 9:02AM GMT
Hi,

Your William Allen was the older brother to my Alfred Allen and it is Alfreds son who was on the titanic.

I would love to be in touch and you can write to me at paallen@btinternet.com

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 9:22AM GMT
Hi,

I am researching the Allens of Birmingham who were mostly employed in the jewellery trade.

Who were this chap's parents? And does anyone know the Allen grandparents' names?

There aren't any relatives surviving on my particular branch of the tree and they were a family shrouded in sorrow through suicides and untimely deaths.

My great grandmother was heard saying that a member of her family went down with the ship.

Thank you.

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 12:24PM GMT
Hello,

In reply to your query, I can confirm that I am not related to this W H Allen. I am related to a W H Allan (spelt with an 'A' which is Scottish in origin) who was my Great Grandfather, although the family did live in Birmingham at some point. Not in the jewellery trade to my knowledge.

Good luck with your search!

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 7:22PM GMT
Surnames: Allen
Hi i noted your message on the forum from a while ago, i too am trying to research the Allens from Birmingham who worked in the jewellwery trade so i was wondering how your search is progressing?. My Great Grandma is the the Daughter of Amy Ellen Allen B1874. Amys Dad was Henry B.1841 a Jeweller from Vyse Street in Birmingham. Amy had two Brothers Thomas B.1865 and Arthur B.1870. Thomas I believe married selina Underhill and Arthur I have been unable to trace from 21 years old onwards.

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 8:19PM GMT
Hi,

I dont think our families are directly related.

It is possible that your Allens and mine have common ancestors.

The names Ellen, Arthur and Henry appear in the family tree quite often so that might be another clue and I think Thomas appears in earlier families.

How far back can you go?

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 9:20PM GMT
I discovered that my William Henry's surname was, in fact, Allan (spelt with an A). My Grandmother had lived with her parents and 3 siblings in and around the Birmingham area, but my Great Grandfather was, in fact, an Engineer in Shipping and his family (my great great grandparents) originated from Scotland.

Sorry I can't help you any further, I don't think there is a link, but good luck with your investigations!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic