Search for content in message boards

Billers, Charles Louis Castle Sambre

Billers, Charles Louis Castle Sambre

Posted: 9 Apr 2006 6:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Billers, Wehe, Baehero, Dufour, De Vervier
I am looking for information about Charles Louis Billers, who married Maria Baronesse Dufour De Vervier from either Luxemburg or Suisburg. He was born at Castle Sambre, Mount St. March (or St. Marc) on the River Sambre, Belgium.
His children were Marie Catharine Louis Comtesse Biller, who married Lieut Baron Beaumont, Louis Michel Billers, and Charles Louis Billers 1771, died 4-24-1829.

Charles Louis Billers married Sophie Elizabeth Eleanore Baehero of Schweinfurt, and the had a daughter Sophie Wilhelmina Elizabeth Eleanore Billers 1805-1873, who married John Peter Wehe 1795-1875 in Burg beir Magdeburg. They both died in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The had the following children all will Wehe as a last name. Charlontte eleanore, Peter Carl Albertus, Peter Ferndinand, Friederike Wilhelmine Anges, Friederike Amalia Sophia, Peter Fredrick, Carl Edward, Ludwig Carl, Martin Augus, Bernhard Louis, and Henriette Mathilda.

If you have any information on any of this family please contact me an jolhen@comcast.net

Re: Billers, Charles Louis Castle Sambre

Karen Hall (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2006 3:55AM GMT
Hello Karen,
I have been trying to research this same line for a few years with no success. A copy of the original handwritten family tree chart on the Billers ancestors (from the late 1800's) was sent to me by Bob Winklemeyer(?), husband of a Wehe cousin. It looks as though you may have the same chart. My great grandfather was Carl Edward Wehe, son of John Peter Wehe and Sophie Billers. How are you connected to this line?
I'm wondering if the spelling of the Billers name on this chart is incorrect...? In a biography of her son, Frederick P. Wehe, Sophie’s name is shown as Elnore DeBellor, of French extraction, daughter of “General DeBellor”.
Would love to find a clue to the Charles Billers (or DeBellor) line. I was even in Belgium two years ago on a vacation and tried to find the Castle Sambre with no luck. There is a River Sambre and a St.Marche area....but I was unable to make a connection. I have a French friend here in CA who is a genealogist and could be of some help, as the family was French.
Sorry I can't be of much help at this time, but wanted to respond to your message to make a connection. Good luck and let me know if you uncover anything!
Karen Hall
hallpass@charter.net

Johann Peter & Eleanor Bülers Wehe in Milwaukee's German newspapers

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 12:04PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2013 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: Wehe Hossfeld Bülers Buelers Schwassmann deVillers Moeller Müller Mueller Pringle Simon Voigt
If you haven't already collected them, there are matches to your Wehe family listed in the index "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items", covering 1844-1950.

The earliest is the brief notice of the marriage for Charlotte Wilhelmine Eleonore Wehe to Friedrich Müller in 1847; and a later marriage for Pauline Wehe and a Charles de Villers?
There are also family death notices for Eleanore Wehe, (née Bülers), 68 yrs, referencing Johann Peter Wehe; and family notices for Johann Peter Wehe.

Other surnames referenced with these Wehe entries include: Hossfeld Schwassmann deVillers Moeller Müller Pringle Simon Voigt

Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007 ...
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions