Obit: George W. Coy, d. 18 June 1939, in Fredericton

Obit: George W. Coy, d. 18 June 1939, in Fredericton

Dawn Edlund (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2004 3:39PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Coy, Jones, Currie, Turner, Atkinson
Obituary, Moncton Daily Times, Monday, 26 June 1939, p. 8:

Father of Moncton Woman Passes Away in Fredericton

Mrs. H.C. Harper, 147 Cameron street, has returned from Fredericton, where she was called by the recent illness and death of her father, George W. Coy. Mr. Coy passed away at the family residence, 201 Saunders street, Fredericton, Sunday evening, June 18. The funeral was held Tuesday, June 20 from the family residence with committal service at the family lot in Fredericton rural cemetery.

Mr. Coy was well known in Moncton and surrounding countryside. Besides Mrs. Harper, he is survived by his widow, Mrs. Josephine Coy, formerly Miss Josephine Jones, daughter of the late Malcolm Jones, of this city, three daughters, Mirs. A. Kilburn Currie, of Bangor, Me., Mrs. Estelle Turner, of Saint John, Mrs. E.C. Atkinson, of Fredericton. B.N. Jones, this city, is a brother of Mrs. Coy.

Re: Obit: George W. Coy, d. 18 June 1939, in Fredericton

Jan Walker (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2004 9:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Coy, McCoy
I read with interest your George W. Coy obit. I have a James Coy who was to have been born in Boston in 1785, He in turn had a son George W. McCoy born in Canada in 1821, and this George had a son George born in VT in 1846. They all 3 died in WI.

Re: Obit: George W. Coy, d. 18 June 1939, in Fredericton

Dawn Edlund (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2004 2:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Sorry, but this doesn't connect to anything I have. Good luck in your research!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic