206 6th Street
Mermentau LA 70556
(337) 824-7188

Re: McZeal

Helena Williams (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2002 4:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Maxile, McZeal, Moultrie
My great grandfather was Isaac Maxile. The spelling differs but the names are the same. At different periods in the census Isaac's name is spelled McZeal & Maxile. I have a lot of information on the McZeal's but probably not as much as is available.

Phyllis McZeal (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2003 7:09PM GMT
My father was from LaFayette, La. Perhaps we can exchange information that might be helpful to locating Kenneth. I have a brother named Kenneth... Please reply.

Posted: 9 Jun 2004 6:27PM GMT
Just beginning research what is known is, they were from Mermentau, Lake Arthur, Elton and finally Jennings:

Hattie PERKINS-LANDRY, my grandmother
Sallie MAXILE/McZEAL, was her mother
Would greatly appreciate any assistance with family history about great-grandmother Sallie or her husband Terrance PERKINS.

I have bits and pieces and willing to share.

Helena Williams (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2004 4:36AM GMT
I am related to the Maxile(McZeal) family. I have done a lot of research and would be willing to share. I am looking for someone to plan a family reunion for 2005.

Feel free to call me after 6pm California time. 323 296 2454

Elizabeth McZeal (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2004 10:57PM GMT
Surnames: Mczeal
Hi -

I was just looking up some information and ran accross this message board. My family is from Jennings LA. I am not doing any type of search but if we are related it would be nice to know. I saw your number but I did not want to call prior to contacting you through E-mail. Wow, I never even thought to find out where my family isf from but maybe we are truly related.

Posted: 28 Mar 2012 1:45AM GMT
Sallie McZeal and Terrance Perkins are the parents of Robert Perkins. Robert was my mother's (Leora) Dad. I'm just starting to look into the family. Any information you may have would be helpful.
Posted: 13 Apr 2012 5:44PM GMT
Sorry, I am just getting to this message. I do have some information on the McZeals and would love to share. We are planning a family reunion July 21-22, 2012 in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Please call me if you are interested. 3232962454.
I have the death certificate for my great grandfather, Isaac McZeal. It lists Merceline Perkins as his mother. Could there be a connection? Also, the spelling of the name varied from one census year to the next. Maxile, Maxille and MacZeal are all the same.
Posted: 13 Apr 2012 5:51PM GMT
Sorry, I don't recall responding to this email. I do have info about the McZeal family and would love to share it. My great grandfather was Isaac McZeal. He spent much of his life in Jefferson Davis Parish. His marriage license list him as Agemore Maxile. Some other legal documents that I have also list his name in that manner. The spelling appears differently in various census years. Maxile, Maxille and MacZeal are also spellings of that name. We are planning a family reunion in Lake Charles, LA on July 21-22, 2012. Please call me if you are interested. 323 296 2454
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions