Search for content in message boards

PRE 1800'S

PRE 1800'S

VIRGINIA TESTON BANDY (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GEORGE, TESTON, SHEFFIELD, MADRAY, KNIGHT
LOOKING FOR ANY INFO ON GEORGE, TESTON, SHEFFIELD, MADRAY, IN LENOIR COUNTY BEFORE 1810. THANKS. THESE FAMILIES
MOVED TO SAME AREA IN GEORGIA CIRCA 1810.

MADRAY surname

Posted: 16 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2001 3:54PM GMT
Surnames: MADRAY
Responding to July 24, 1999 message concerning MADRAY surname in Lenoir County, NC before 1810 and move to GA.
I am looking for a Starling MADRAY who appeared on the 1800 SC Census in St Stephens area of Berkeley County, SC. He and his wife were between 26 and 44 years old, no children.
Not on 1810 Census. On 1820 Census is Roxana MADRAY with 1 male child under 10, one female between 10 and 15 and one female 26-44. Berkeley County would be south of Lenoir and on a possible route to GA. I know this isn't directly applicable to your query but hope springs eternal.

Knight

B. Winborne (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Knight
I don't know of any Kinghts in Lenoir Co. but in early Edgecombe Co. Some burried in old cemetary near Lawrence, (near Tarboro)

Madray, Madrey, Maddry, Maddery, Maddera, Madra

Posted: 25 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 3:17AM GMT
Surnames: Madray
Not in Lenoir County, but in Wake County, NC Joseph Maddera is found on the 1800 census in the Hillsboroughs Distrist as HH Madra, Joseph. He came from Isle of Wight, VA (where the name was usually spelled Maddera) with his wife Margaret sometime between 1797 and 1800. His son Josiah Maddry moved back to Floyd County, GA from Orange County, NC in the fall of 1845. Joseph's sons Able and John remained in NC.

Knight

Mischelle Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sturgill, Knight
Just curious about your post would there be a Roxanne Knight Sturgill d. 1906. She was married to a jeffery Sturgill.
Thank you Mischelle Anderson

Re: Madray, Madrey, Maddry, Maddery, Maddera, Madra

Posted: 30 Jun 2001 5:06AM GMT
Surnames: Wade, Maddry, Berryhill
I have been told (I have no proof) that my gg grandmother was Martha M. Maddry...married to Thomas Henry Wade in Polk Co, Alabama March/1866. If you have these names in your line, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2001 8:21AM GMT
Very Interesting......Abel was my ggggrandfather.
Jennifer

Jennifer Brewer (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2001 1:16AM GMT
Not as of yet, but I have been told that anyone spelled "Maddry" is related by the elders in the family. Feel free to email.
Jennifer Maddry Brewer
the5brewers@aol.com

Jennifer Brewer (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2001 7:33PM GMT
I just got a family tree from 30 years ago and I do have a Martha Maddry born to Josiah and Polly Maddry in 1834 but it says she was married to something "Howard" Let me know if this means something.
Jennifer

fhaskett (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2003 4:28AM GMT
I am a Madrey, living in NC. My grandfather was Alvah Madrey his father was CHARLES, his fatrer was WILLIAM
GOULDSMITH MADREY, AND HIS FATHER WAS WILLIAM MADDREY, and i am having trouble finding that WILLIAM.
DOES ANYONE HAVE THAT INFO?
THANKS
per page

Find a board about a specific topic