Search for content in message boards

Langlois/Gagne

Langlois/Gagne

Rita Langlois (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Langlois, Gagne
Trying to locate information on Charles and Desanges Langlois and family. Information just received points to their moving to Oneida County from Michigan just prior to 1900. The two towns mentioned have been Tomahawk and/or Rhinelander. Charles was born in 1831 and Desanges in 1833 (both in Cap St Ignace-outside Quebec). Their children that traveled with them from Michigan were Archie Langlois b. 1873 and Maud (Almonda or Amanda) b. 1875. Their daughter Emma b. 1868, that married Eugene Gagne, may have also moved to Wisconsin (have not been able to locate whether she died in Michigan or Wisconsin). Eugene remarried in Wisconsin. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Langlois/Gagne

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 5:39AM GMT
Edited: 10 Nov 2011 5:40AM GMT
well I just found Maud's gravestone in the back of a cemetary in an overgrowth, a la Secret Garden while I was home in tomahawk WI. I have pictures. She was my grandfather Archie langlois sister. she was born in 1875, he in 1873. their parents were Charles Entienne Langlois and Desanges Simoneau. Although your information states that Emma married Eugene, Maud also married a Gagne, Jules G. Her grave stone states that name: Maud Gagne. Note: in my research there are lots of gagne's.. on both sides. I think the French in these parishes married cousins :) also Indians...of which we are part. contact me through Lynda_20467@msn.com

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 3:58PM GMT
What a pleasant surprise to get as I was going through my e-mails. I have not done much with the geneology lately - getting kids through college, weddings, work, etc.- but am now retired and thinking it would be a good winter project to get back into.
Found Emma's marriage listed with the 1880 census here in Muskegon(but Gagne was spelt Goonie- haha) and went up to Ludington to get more info. Was never able to find any info about her parents after they left here. There are still a large number of Langloises here in the Muskegon area.
I was also looking for Indian connections, because my husband's family stories say that his great grandma was Indian, but was never able to find proof - even with the help of a wonderful geneologist in Quebec (he was the one that told me to check Gagne from the Goonie census entry.
Would love to share more info if you'd like.

Posted: 16 Jun 2012 5:32AM GMT
Rita, I have lost touch with you and still would like to find out more about our family and more about Maude, Amonda . I obviously found her grave stone... which clearly says she died in 1901 a young wife and wonder who her children were, what happened to them. I know that you were busy and didn't have to spend time on this,,,, and have waited anxiously for a response that hasn't come??? would love to hear from you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic