Search for content in message boards

Birth/Baptism in Aarhus, 1910-1913 Svensson

Birth/Baptism in Aarhus, 1910-1913 Svensson

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 4:52PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Hilda Svensson, Oct 9 1880, Sweden, had two children, John Ivar (Mar 1910) and my mother,Gerda Maria Magdalena (Aug 14 1913) both born, I believe, in Aarhus. The father is unknown and he is the one we are searching for. Hilda always used her maiden name, Svensson, which is the maiden name of her two sisters, Ida and Anna, born in Hemsjo, Blekinge, Sweden - although Hilda called herself 'widow' or 'divorced' on US censuses. The only address I have is Norrsalle 32, Aarhus, in 1923 when Hilda, John and Gerda left for the US. We have quite a bit of US info but want to find two people: the father of John and Gerda - AND a lost sibling of Hilda, Ida and Anna, sex unknown. Hilda's parents are only known as Sven Svensson and Anna.
Sure hope someone can help - I'm OLD and running out of time and also running out of places to search . . .
Virginia (Johansen) Small
PS All the people mentioned are deceased, to my knowledge.

Re: Birth/Baptism in Aarhus, 1910-1913 Svensson

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 8:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Small possible clues:

Hilda and the children arrived Quebec Nov 1923 on the S. S. Montlaurier from Liverpool.

Hilda listed her nearest relative in Denmark as a friend L. P. Hansen at Norresalle 30, "Oarhus Michael"

Their destination was a brother-in-law Conrad Carlson in Concord, Nebraska.

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 10:30PM GMT
Hi,

I searched all the churches in the city of Aarhus but could not find the birth of Gerda. However I did find the birth of John Ivar Svensson on 30 Mar 1910 in den kgl Fødselsskiftelse, Copenhagen. The mother is unmarried and unnamed and the father is not mentioned. Den kgl. Fødselsskiftelse was a hospital where a woman could give birth without giving any information. I found Hilda Svendson and John Ivar Svendsen in the 1911 Copenhagen census.

I have saved the two documents and will send my e-mail address privately if you want them.

Here is Hilda in the police register that was kept on all residents of Copenhagen. http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sf...

and http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sf...

I hope this helps

Sincerely,
Paul
North Carolina

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 12:13AM GMT
I checked the 1921 Aarhus census of Norrealle 30 and neither L. P. Hansen nor Hilda and children were then there. However, in 1925 (the next census) a Lars Peter Hansen born 1872 Tommerup, Odense was living there, with Swedish wife Alfrida Mathilde nee Berglind and 4 children born 1905-1917. Perhaps the friendship was through the wife.

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 2:44AM GMT
Hi Homer,

I don't have the international version of ancestry so I can't check the 1923 manifest since it is a Canadian arrival. Can you check it? Perhaps it has Gerda's place of birth.

Paul

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 3:10AM GMT
It just lists Sweden for Hilda and Denmark for John and Gerda, and they are listed same way in U.K. outgoing lists.

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 2:28PM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2013 3:20PM GMT
The police register has "Kyrkhult" (in Blekinge county) as place of birth for Hilda.
Same municipality as "Hemsjö"

From DDSS:
Födda i Kyrkhults församling 1865 - 1894
Datum 1880-10-09 Datum avser födelse
ID-nr/Regler 137806/DDSS
Barnet
Namn Hilda Kön kvinna
Äktenskaplig börd inom äktenskapet Antal födda

Fadern
Namn Sven Jönsson
Titel skräddare
Ort Jutanäs

Modern
Namn Anna Johnsdotter
Titel

Dopvittnen
Husmanshustru Hanna Carlsd-r i Jutanäs. Båtsman Per Snygg i Wilshult. Dräng Bengt Svensson i Röshult
Övrigt
Fadern 30 år. Gifta -1 år.

Källhänvisning
Arkiv Sid-/årsnummer
Kyrkhults kyrkoarkiv C:1 296 / 116
Förvarande institution Sida i husförhörslängden
Landsarkivet i Lund 248
Läsproblem i förlaga
Nej
Källanmärkning
Volymen innehåller: Födda 1865-1884.
Övrig information
Registeranmärkning
Uppgifterna hämtade ur: Kyrkhult C:1 1865-1884 samt Kyrkhult C:2 1885-1894.

Karsten

Attachments:

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 3:03PM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2013 3:10PM GMT
The four siblings were:

Datum, Barnets namn, Faderns namn, Faderns ort, Moderns namn, Moderns ort, Socken
1880-10-09* Hilda, Sven Jönsson, Jutanäs, Anna Johnsdotter, Kyrkhult
1883-04-22* Ida, Sven Jönsson, Jutanäs, Anna Johnsdotter, Kyrkhult
1885-08-01* John Ivar, Sven Jönsson, Jutanäs, Anna Johnsdotter, Kyrkhult
1888-01-06* Anna, Sven Jönsson, Jutanäs, Anna Johnsdotter, Kyrkhult

Karsten

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 5:20PM GMT
Surnames: Svensson
What a wonderful way to start the day - to read all of the information you, Paul, and HRFFW and Karsten Damen have given to me! I'm overwhelmed and SO very grateful for your help and I thank each of you very much. I felt that I had hit a 'bone' wall and my post was a last ditch effort but did not imagine receiving such a wonderful, informative response. How kind and generous of you! Thanks again . . .
Virginia

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 7:14PM GMT
Edited: 1 May 2013 9:16AM GMT
My intention this morning was to provide the information in a more organized way, but time slipped and I just posted the raw information.

About Kyrkhult: A parish in Blekinge County; a link to a historical map from 1870 is attached.
http://www.diginpast.se/ostkanten/kartor/eng/kyrk.html
I guess it would have been difficult to find a populated place one could call a village, except maybe for “Hemsjö” with its railroad station.
I wouldn’t say it was easy to find “Jutanäs”, where Hildas’s family lived, on that map. It seems to be a few farmhouses only. Go ca. 3 km (scale is at the bottom left) North East from Kyrkhult and the lonely farmhouses are found between two lakes.

The christening of Hilda translated:

From the Demographic Database of Southern Sweden (DDSS).
Born in Kyrkhults Parish 1865 - 1894
Date of Birth: 1880-10-09
ID-no. 137806/DDSS

Child
Name: Hilda
Sex: Female
Born within marriage

Father
Name: Sven Jönsson
Occupation: Tailor (he was most certainly smallholder and tailor)
Place: Jutanäs

Mother
Name: Anna Johnsdotter

Witnesses
Smallholder's wife Hanna Carlsdaughter in Jutanäs. Boatswain Per Snygg in Wilshult. Boy Bengt Svensson in Röshult
Misc.
Father 30 years old. Married 1 year

Karsten
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions