Search for content in message boards

Breen Farm(s), Akershus

Breen Farm(s), Akershus

Posted: 7 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 11:17PM GMT
Surnames: Thoreson, Thorson, Johansson, Ericsen, Ingleson, Olsen, Volloug, Kristoffersen, Sundby
Interesting in corresponding with others having Breen Farm(s), Nannestad Parish, Akershus County family roots. This includes surnames noted and, in addition, several others extending back to 1600s including Valer, Palsen, Iversen, Brynilsen. Thoreson(Thorson/Toreson)/Johansson(Johnson) and other Thoreson(Thorson) lines appear to have settled in Iowa and Minnesota, especially, when first began coming to U.S.A. in last third or so of 19th century.

Toreson name

Marlene N. Jennerjohn (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sevland, Hoseth
Grandfather Nels Toreson came from Bergen, Norway and married my grandmother Ragnhild Sevland Hoseth, presumably in North Dakota but may have been in Minnesota. I have no information on him other than he was a sailor in Norway and when he lived here in the states, a carpenter. He was born in 1881 and died in Everett, Washington in 1951. If you have him in your information, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks. Marlene

Breen

Mary Ellen Wigglesworth (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
This may not connect with your search, but, I have a ggrandmother Jensine Breen b. 10/16/1858 Kongsberg m. Carl Thoresen (b. 2/17/1858 ) 1878 - emigrated to Woburn Mass 1880 ( Carl) and 1881 ( Jensine)

Thorson, Erickson

Posted: 9 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2001 12:55PM GMT
Surnames: Thorson, Erickson, Johnson
Interested to know if your family matches with mine. I have a Thor Erickson that came from Norway to the US thru Canada in 1866. Along with Thor came his son and daughter Eric and Mary. They settled in Clinton, Iowa and then around the Quarry/LeGrand, Iowa area. Thor's first wife had died in Norway. Her last name was Johnson. His second wife (maybe her sister) came to the US later on and married Thor. Her name was Raine Johnson. Together they had a daughter Nellie Erickson who is my great grandmother. I believe Thor's birth date was 6-19-1823 and death date was 4-16-1909.

Tweten,Tveten,thorsen

Paul Tweten (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: tweten, tveten, thorsen
I do not know if this will help but my grandma was a thorson she married my granddad. Her name was Carrie Thorsen born 1875 Norway His name was Sven Tveten at least that is what it was after he came to USA He was born in 1865 . They settled in Minnesota and had several children. Selmer,who was my dad and Thorsten,Clara,plus 5 more girls. Let me know if you know anything cuz i am not having much luck THANX

Tweten, tveten, thorsen

Posted: 16 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 11:17PM GMT
Surnames: Tweten, tveten, thorsen
Not seeing a connxn, but perhaps I'm missing something? Have anymore info? Did they have some Breen Farm(s) ties? Might want to contact me via e-mail. Thanks...

Akershus families/Sundby

Posted: 24 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Oct 2005 12:00AM GMT
Surnames: Sundby
I am the great-grandaughter of Anreas (Anderew) Sundby (Neilson) and am interested in talking with anyone who can help me find his parents, ect back. I know that Andrew married twice, once to Marren Rebekah Svendsdatter and had one son with her before she passed and he married her younger sister, Karoline Augusta Svendsdatter and had my grandmother. I know where Andrew lived when both children were born, (South Dakota), but have no imigration records for him and little of his background before that.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, if you would like to write, and just compare notes, or talk about the Akershus area and its history, please, please write me.

Michelle

Re: Akershus families/Sundby

Posted: 25 Apr 2002 10:33PM GMT
Edited: 27 Apr 2002 1:32AM GMT
Surnames: Akershus families/Sundby
Hey, cousin-whats up. Im working on my family tree, could use all the help you can give me.If you dont mind. Hope to hear from you soon. DELORIS

Re: Toreson name

Posted: 11 Feb 2012 6:28AM GMT
Surnames: Sevland
Ragnhild Sevland was my grandfather, Louis M. Sevland's sister. He also died in Everett. I have a lot of information on this family.
Ronnie Sevland Nygaard

Re: Toreson name

Posted: 2 Apr 2012 11:28PM GMT
While reading a post about the Toreson name, we noticed the Hojem name. I am trying to contact you about the Emma Berg/John Hojem family tree. If you are still looking for info on the Hojem side, we have gathered much information and would love to share. You can email us direct at whojem@svtel.net

Rita Hojem
per page

Find a board about a specific topic