Search for content in message boards

Burkholders of Michigan (from Anna McDonald)

Burkholders of Michigan (from Anna McDonald)

Posted: 9 Aug 2003 9:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burkholder, Nohl, Master, Baily
Hello everyone! I'm looking to see if I can find any members of the Burkholder family from in and around Blanchard, Michigan. Here's my connection.

My great-great-grandmother is Anna A. Burkholder, born 8 Feb 1844, died 9 Dec 1909.

She was born in Ohio (I have also seen things that have said she was born in Pennsylvania) and she married Casper Nohl in Henry County, Ohio on 12 Aug 1869.

As far as I know they had 5 children. They were:

Alexander Nohl, born about 1870
Daniel Nohl, born 18 Aug 1872, died 13 Jan 1943
Casper Nohl, born 18 Oct 1875, died 5 Oct 1938
Jacob Nohl, born 20 Nov 1878, died 21 Feb 1932
Mary Christina Nohl, born 20 Feb 1884, died 7 Sep 1945

The information which I have found lists Anna's parents as Peter Burkholder (some accounts have also said John) of Switzerland and Christena Baily of Pennsylvania.

I know that Peter and Christena had at least 3 children (I'm sure they had more, however); the names I have are Anna herself, Sarah, and an unknown male.

Sarah Burkholder,sister of Anna and born 3 Aug 1853, died 18 Jan 1931, married Jacob Master 15 Jul 1875 in Henry County, Ohio. They had at least 6 children, 2 boys and 4 girls, the names of which I have are Reuben, Daisy, and Samuel.

That is all of the info which I have at the moment. If any of this sounds familiar to any of your family, feel free to drop me a line....my email address is:

midmigurl@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Anna McDonald

Re: Burkholders of Michigan (from Anna McDonald) -- update

Posted: 26 Dec 2003 5:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burkholder, Bailey, Master, Bundy, Nohl
Hello everyone! Just an update with some things I have found on my ties with the Burkholder family.

I know of 4 children for Christina (Bailey) and Peter Burkholder now: Daniel, Barbara, Anna, and Sarah.

Daniel (b 1839, d 1907) married Abigail Krieger and had a son named Otto.

Barbara (b abt 1846, d 1899) married Otterbien Bundy and had 5 kids: Christopher, Elizabeth, Anna, Jacob, and William.

Sarah (b 1853, d 1931) married Jacob Master and had 6 kids: Reuben, Daisy, Hattie, Samuel, and two unknown.

As far as I know all of these kids were born in Ohio.

Peter Burkholder died in Ohio, and for whatever reason Christina came to Michigan (her children were in this area too, around Blanchard). She died here, but the courthouse does not have much information on her. They do not know why she died, or even how to correctly spell her name for that matter. At the cemetery where she is supposed to be buried I am currently unable to locate her stone and have not been able to get ahold of the proper authority in Blanchard to see the cemetery records. Working on solving this problem, however. :)

Those are my updates for now. If this sounds familiar to any part of your family tree, feel free to drop me a line at:

midmigurl@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Anna McDonald
per page

Find a board about a specific topic