Search for content in message boards

Groce Family Ky,Tenn, NC(?)

Groce Family Ky,Tenn, NC(?)

Posted: 8 Jul 2006 7:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for Groce family information... My great-grandmother was Minnie Carolyn Groce and married Leonard F Hoots. I know her father was William Henry (Bud) Groce.I also know that Bud's father was George Washington Groce and George's father was Henry Groce(Gross) this is where I get confused I've found a few that have a Henry Groce as George's father and Henry's father is Henry Gross but I've also found a few other references to there not being two Henry's but just Henry Gross and his father is Jacob Isaac Gross. Also I have found that for Henry Groce b:1807 two different last names for his wife Ann/Anne one is Bond and the other is Scritchfield.I am also trying to find out about Indian Ancestry for this line.If anyone knows of this line please help I'm so confused lol.

Re: Groce Family Ky,Tenn, NC(?)

Anita Lorraine (GROCE) Stiner (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2006 5:54PM GMT
A couple of names ring a bell for me but I can't quite place them at present; but will keep this in my file to study further.

Re: Groce Family Ky,Tenn, NC(?)

Posted: 6 Oct 2007 4:23AM GMT
Tazzi,
I have your line. George Washington Groce was my great greandfather. He fought in the Civil War. This line does get very confusing at times because some of them married sisters, some married brothers and some married cousins. I will be happy to email you what I have or post it here on the community board that way if there is something there that anyone else can use they are welcome to. You can also view what I have online. I have made my family tree public for everyone to view. It is under Houchens Family Tree, here on ancestry.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions