Search for content in message boards

lacroixs/southdakota

lacroixs/southdakota

Posted: 23 Jan 2001 4:33PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 11:19PM GMT
hi,my name is lewis scott lacroix. my dads name was alvin lewis lacroix. his dads name was william lacroix. my dad's mom was gertrude wanna. her dads name was sosoway wanna, we're all part native american mostly from marshall cty. s.d. i'm searching for william lacxroix dad or ancestry.thanks

LACROIX NAME

RON [WINTERHAWK] SMITH (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 8:03PM GMT
LEWIS hi my name is ron (winterhawk) smith my gggrandmother is BAPTISTE LACROIX i was wondering if you had any info on the LACROIX family history going back that far. you can contact me at winterhawk357@cs.com thanks in advance WINTERHAWK
Posted: 3 Apr 2001 12:24AM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2003 5:49AM GMT
Ron,
I am just now starting to get into geneology. I had a grandmother that I never got to know, whose maiden name was LaCroix. She had a brother named Larry, who changed his last name from LaCroix to Smith, and was also called Uncle Cap by my mother. I know that any relation or tie in to the LaCroix's from your family to my family would be a long shot, but who knows?! My mother hinted a long time ago about an indirect link to my uncle being a part of an Indian tribe, but didn't go into details. Anyhow, it's fun to check things out as I try to find out about my family's past. I know this is an extreme longshot, but thought it'd be worth the effort in contacting you.

lacroix/southdakota

Posted: 30 May 2001 10:30AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 11:19PM GMT
hi,
my name is lewis scott lacroix.i was born 4/02/56. i have 1 bro and 3 sisters. my mothers name is elizabeth lohnes of the spirit lake res.in n.d. my father [ alvin louis or alfie lacroix ] is from sisseton wapheton dakota tribe.my dads mothers name was gertrude ( wanna ) lacroix.my father had 2 bros william lacroix jr., ralph ray lacroix in this marriage.my dads father name is william lacroix(grandpa,died in 03/29/1938) who was married in march 3, 1933. my grandma gerties mom was mary rose demarrias who died 02/27/1878.my grandma gerties dad was xavier wanna who died in 02/10/1868. my dad "alvin louis lacroix" dad was "william lacroix" my grandpa wm. lacroix dads name was louis lacroix, born in 1849 who died on july 17,1903 at the age of 54 yrs. old having been married but once, to one madeline lacroix,now adney, by ceromony on january 1,1878, by whom he was survived,and by whom he had 10 children,four of whom died in early childhood prior to his decease, and 6 who survive,namely:clara lacroix,now blood;louis lacroix;hasting lacroix;wm lacroix(my grandpa); ella lacroix;now swiden; and hattie lacroix, now robertson.the family of louis lacroix was adella lacroix,female.henry lacroix,male.harry lacroix,male(Twins).hastings lacroix,male.louis lacroix,male.clara lacroix,female.william lacroix,male.
other information:
henry lacroix, age 19 married nancy nelson,age 14.henry died june 15,1899 had a son james,born july17,1899.
i have more of the probate records.
Posted: 11 Jun 2001 6:09PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2001 5:42PM GMT
Lewis,
My grandmother was born in Marshall,Mn. Her name was Ellen Lacroix. Her large family moved to Sisseton, S.D.
Her father was Willaim. I believe William was Louis's brother.
I have some information. Perhaps we can swap!
I believe this family may have been Santee Indian? My mother remembers nick names to those you speak of.
Please e-mail me: Karen Mondry
kander3066@aol.com
Posted: 11 Jun 2001 7:10PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2001 5:42PM GMT
Gr.Gr.Gr Grandfather was Charles Lacroix
Gr.Gr.Grandmother was Amelia (Millie)Mitchell d.5/25/1924 married 1873 to Fred Lacroix d.6/27/1912.
Fred and Millie had 10 children:
Helen (my Gr.Grandmother) married WM.Jennen
Robert,Charles,Albert,Olivier,George, Lillia,Alice,Fred and Spencer all born in Marshall,Mn. except for Evelina, born in S.D.
Helen and WM. Jennen b.1886 d.1959 had my Grandmother Evelina (aka Evleyn) b.12/31/1910 and d. 12/19/1952 married to James Larson in S.D.
Karen

Re: lacroix/southdakota

Posted: 27 Aug 2001 3:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Apr 2002 7:10PM GMT
Surnames: LACROIX----VEBLEN, SOUTH DAKOTA
Hello Lewis, My children are descended from the LaCroix's out of Veblen, S. D. Their father's family are from the Sisseton-Wahpeton Sioux - Lake Traverse. Their gr-grandfather was Floyd LaCroix, grandfather-O. D. "Babe" LaCroix. Floyd and family moved to Aberdeen, Grays Harbor County, Washington State in the mid 1930's. This is all we know about their LaCroix ancestors. No one living seems to know anything else. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Lacroix

Posted: 1 Jul 2002 1:17PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2003 4:10AM GMT
Surnames: LaCroix, Dion, Felix
I also have a Frederick LaCroix married to Amelia Mitchell in my tree. My Frederick LaCroix Jr., was born December 28,1847 in St. Paul, Ramsey County, MN, died June 28, 1913 in South Dakota. Married Amelia Mitchell in Hawk Creek, Renville County, MN in July 1973.

Frederick Jr.'s parents:
Father--Frederick Louis LaCroix. Sr. b. Canada abt. 1810, died July 31, 1874 in Big Stone Lake, MN.
Mother-Rosa Lee, Sioux Indian girl. Indian name MAR-PIY-A-MASE.They were married in St. Peter's church, ST. Paul, MN Territory on January 18, 1848.
Their 7 Children:
Frederick Jr.(listed above)
Louis-b. May 29. 1849 , d. July 17, 1903 in South Dakota
Eulalie-b. March 25, 1851, d. unknown
Helene-b. January 5, 1853, d. unknown
Spencer-born abt 1854, d. unknown
Adrienne-born abt. 1855, d. unknown
Oliver Spencer Sr.-born 1861, died and buried in Santee,Married Virginia Felix April 20, 1887.

Yes, they are Santee Sioux.

Perhaps we have a connection? If so, please E-mail me .
Thanks. Denise in Minnesota

Posted: 9 Jul 2002 2:40AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2006 9:24PM GMT
This looks like the same Louis LaCroix that is in the roster of Denise Parhay who I am emailing. They appear to match. If this is true then you are related to spotted tail the chief. My husband is one eighth sisseton Wahpeton Tribe. I hope you got your Indian money like the rest of the tribe did last month..the shirttail Indians anyway.I show that Louis had a wife Madeline and 5 siblings who were the kids of RosalieSpotted Tail and Frederic Louis LaCroix. Did you connect with Denise?

Donovan LaCroix (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2002 10:00AM GMT
My name is Donovan Lacroix, Iam from fort birthhold N.D and my Mom's name is Debra Lacroix and her father's name is Herry Lacroix, he is from the sisseton-wahpeton sioux tribe. he passed away when i was a just a little guy but i remember him. he has a sister name Delia Lacroix, she is still living in sisseton.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic