Search for content in message boards

Wiley Cleveland Raulston

Wiley Cleveland Raulston

Posted: 6 Feb 2009 9:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Raulston
Looking for information about my great grandfather and his family. He was born 8-20-1885 in Indian, Penobscot, Maine and at some point moved to the Big Cabin, Oklahoma area. It is said that he was of the Chickasaw tribe. I would like to confirm his origins and indian heritage (if this information is acurate) and the history around his move to Oklahoma. Thank you.

Re: Wiley Cleveland Raulston

Posted: 25 Feb 2009 1:13PM GMT
Hi petiegirl. The notes I have on Wiley Cleveland Raulston are :
Pottawatomie Co, OK WW1 Draft Reg. He was born Aug. 20, 1885 is listed as White,
He died6,Aug.1934 in Big Cabin, Craig Co, Ok.
He married Josie Farmer on 1,Jul, 1909 in Tecumseh, Pottawatomie, OK.
Josie Farmer b. 14,Jan.1894 in Ardmore, Chickasaw Nation, Ok.
Josie d. 21,Aug,1975 in Vinita, Craig Co, OK.
Josie Farmer,s parents, Benjamin Franklin Farmer, and Susan Margaret Ball.
On 1900 Ok Federal Census, it list Wiley C. Raulston, as White, son, b.Aug. 1885, age 14 born, Indian Ter.,father b. Gergia, mother b. Ark.
Wiley,s mother was Eliza A. Raulston, Head of Household,Widowed, White, b.in Ark, and her parents born in
Ala. other children, all listed as white, Andrew, M, age 18, it shows Eliza as having 11 children born, and 7 are still living.
Also living with them, is another son, Carson C. Raulston age 8, born, I.Terr.
Also there were 2 grandaughters living with them. Eva, and Silbian ?, both are a Raulston, age 7 and 5. both b. in I.Terr.
I don,t know if this will help. You can look at the Dawes records at accessgenealogy.com. I do know that there were Raulstons on the Dawes records, and check Ralston too. There are many Farmers. Arabella M. Raulston family was through the Everidge side. Card 1546. The Raulston married into the Everidge family.
Also, Wiley,s brother, Andrew M. married Josie,s sister, Roena Farmer. Roena also married a William Henry.
In the Pottawatomie Co, OK marriage Bk, No 12, pg, 254, it shows W. Raulston to Josie Farmer, 7-1-1909.
Good luck. Vidia

Posted: 25 Feb 2009 5:26PM GMT
Thank you so much for the response. We have just begun our journey of discovering who our ancestors were and where they came from. This information is very helpful.

Thank you again!

petiegirl

Posted: 10 Mar 2009 2:53AM GMT
Your more than welcome and good luck. Vidia

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 1:36AM GMT
Wiley Cleveland Raulston is my grandfather and I have alot of information but would like more as I suppose you also have alot of information but would like more. Please e-mail me with any information

Posted: 10 Jun 2010 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: raulston
Hi,

Sorry, it has been a very busy and crazy year so far. I was wondering what part of the country do you live in? Did you grow up in Northeast Oklahoma? Was your father's name Alvin Dean Raulston? Please let me know. I would love to compare notes.

Thanks,

Petiegirl

Posted: 20 Jun 2010 9:57PM GMT
The other post from vondeano is my brother... Our father is Wiley Cleveland Raulston born in 1926. We grew up in Southern California. Both our parents are originally from Oklahoma and then moved to California before our birth. I believe Alvin Dean Raulston was our father's brother. Are you related and part of this family or do geneology research?

Posted: 25 Oct 2010 5:51AM GMT
Yes I am related to Alvin Dean Raulston, Wiley Cleveland Raulston Jr is my father. He was born in Big Cabin Oklahoma and later moved to Vinita. I have alot of information that I could provide you and I hope you have alot of info you could provide me with too. You can reach me at von_deano@hotmail.com with any information or how to get in touch with you. I hope to hear from you soon. In regards to your other question about growing up in Oklahoma, no my dad moved to California to raise a family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions