Search for content in message boards

The last sync failed

The last sync failed

Posted: 28 Feb 2012 5:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
The last sync failed. An error occurred while "Uploading changes from Family Tree Maker to Ancestry...". Try again later. If this error recurs, please contact customer support.

This pops up and after I hit OK it says "Tree was successfully synced". Although it was not, and the error now recurs every time I try to sync.

I thought I had escaped the sync errors, but alas, I have not.

Re: The last sync failed

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 4:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Are you choosing when to sync? When did the error in this sync occur? Date and time?

Over the past several weeks there have been intermittent function issues with the Member Tree program.

I recommend to:
1) Turn off auto-sync and leave it off.
2) Before performing a sync, spend some time using functions on the on-line member tree program, if everything appears smooth, go ahead and sync.
3) Check the Member Tree and Ancestry Site Comment boards for recent posts about wonky function.
4) Don't sync on a Friday evening, the airing of *Who do you think you are* burdens the servers with new traffic. The weekend never seems to be a good time to sync in general.

Re: The last sync failed

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 11:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Those are all good points, but none of them makes a difference in my case. I have tried to sync at various times with no success.

I have compacted my file, and auto-sync is off.

The interesting thing is that it tells me it failed and then follows that by telling me it was successful. It wasn't.

Re: The last sync failed

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 1:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
I went to the Knowledge Base and followed their advice to repair a damaged file by exporting a new file from the Extended Family Chart.

Apparently the idea is that it will cull the damaged portion of the file. After exporting I compared the new file to the original. I noticed it had 80 less people in it.

Putting the names list side by side for the two files showed me fairly quickly the missing names. They are names I haven't gone near in quite some time.

I don't really want to have to re-enter 80 people with associated information if I don't have to.

Does anyone know of any other way to fix the original file without deleting 80 people that appear fine in the original file?

Re: The last sync failed

Posted: 2 Mar 2012 8:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Have no idea how you put them back, this is a real issue for anyone.

Re the sync problem, I compact and compact and compact. Yesterday I still had to attempt 5 times to sync before it did - nothing changed at my end, but on the 5th attempt it decided to behave itself.

Its very very temperamental.

Roger

Re: The last sync failed

Posted: 2 Mar 2012 11:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Still unable to sync with the same error. I have tried several times but it simply will not sync.

Re: The last sync failed

Posted: 5 Mar 2012 6:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have the same problem, same error message. It is very frustrating.

Re: The last sync failed

Posted: 5 Mar 2012 7:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
I finally bit the bullet and unlinked my file on Ancestry. I then created a new file on Ancestry and synced to it. I really hate doing this because I think it screws their indexes all up. Now when somebody tries to reference something they find from my tree, it will give them an error that it is no longer available. At least until they re-index.

I also find it weird that it wouldn't sync and now it does with no change to my file on FTMM2. The problem is apparently on the Ancestry side.
Howard

Re: The last sync failed

Posted: 7 Mar 2012 8:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Sad to say I am also have the same problems. I have not called Ancestry yet, however, it looks that it may be the next best thing to do. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong on my end. Looks like many people have this problem.

Re: The last sync failed

Posted: 7 Mar 2012 10:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been happily synching for days now, really pleased that it seemed to be sorted and working 100%. Today I have made several key changes on the FTMM2 side and it has synched fine - it says. When I open up my Ancestry tree, none of the changes are there.......

Wonderful!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions