Search for content in message boards

Sutherland, Ruggles,Zeigler,Clingler, Jones, North,Wilson

Sutherland, Ruggles,Zeigler,Clingler, Jones, North,Wilson

Posted: 16 Jul 2001 5:57PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 2 Oct 2001 12:15PM GMT
Surnames: Ruggles, Sutherland, Zeigler, Clingler,Jones, North
Ruggles married Sutherland, Sutherland married Clingler, Clingler married Jones. (grandmother& her side)
wilson married Zeigler, Zeigler married Jones (grandfather & his mother's side.)
North married Jones (grand father & his fathers side) Can we connect?? If so, Please E-mail me at KChillbilly68@aol.com

Re: Sutherland, Ruggles,Zeigler,Clingler, Jones, North,Wilson

Posted: 18 Oct 2001 7:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Apr 2002 2:56AM GMT
Anne, You have a Sutherland m. to a Ruggles. Who are these folks? I am looking for the Margaret Ruggles who married David Rep/Rape/Raph (many variations). Margaret died 1850. Their daughter Sarah Louise married J.R. Flatt. These people are grandparents to my m-i-l. I have been searching for any connections to the above. I just found out that our Margaret's last name is Ruggles of PA.
barbfowler@worldnet.att.net

anna dilks (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2001 1:20AM GMT
Surnames: Ruggles
Hi Barbara, We may have a connection but no proof yet. It is believed that my Ruggles came from Pa as well. Daniel and Orpha Ruggles Sutherland were my gggrandparents. Don't have a birth place for either but they were married in Filmore, Minnesota and that is where my ggrandmother Ida Mae Sutherland was born. They were married January of 1867 and Ida was born in November of 1867. I don't know the year Orpha was born or where or who her parents were or where they came from. I do know the the name came from England. I belong to the ancestry membership and have been going into the cencus and hope to find something there. Margaret and Orpha may have been sisters but not sure. Will check on both names. I will keep your address and if I come accross anything, I'll let you know. I have one other Ruggles contact and will look for his info as well. Maybe we can make a connection here.
Thanks for getting back to me and please keep in touch
Ann

Posted: 19 Oct 2001 11:58AM GMT
Anna, Thanks for getting back with me. The fact that MN comes into play is, I think a big factor. Chester Sutherland married Sarah Rood and lived in WI. Louise Rape/Sutherland was living with them at the 1880 cenus. She married JR Flatt and lived in Gordonsville, MN, that is near AlbertLea. The family lived mostly in MN, IA and WI. I have proof that Henry moved between those states. It will be interesting to find a good answer as to this mystery. If you look at the Rape site you will see a post about the Rape orphans of Dane Co. This is the family!! Just no answers. Oh, Northampton, PA is what I have been told is where the family migrated from...Don't know that for a fact.I could only find one or two Ruggles in that area.
Keep in touch...

anna dilks (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2001 5:03PM GMT
Surnames: Ruggles
Hi Barbara, Nice to hear from you again. I do believe there is a connection somewhere. I haven't been able to do any searching yet today. Real busy. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get something done. Early in the AM is best for before anyone else gets up. LOL
I have to go into a file to get an E-mail address from another Ruggles that answered a message. I'll check out the names he sent and match to yours and see what I can come up with. Will let you know.
Take care, together we may solve this.
Ann

Re: Sutherland, Ruggles,Rape,Rood

Posted: 19 Jan 2002 2:32AM GMT
Hi again. It has been awhile and I am still looking for Margaret Ruggles of Pen. I found a death certificate for Henry Raph/Rape/Rep born March 17, 1831 Pen and died Sept 1, 1914 in Pipestone, MN. The parents are listed as David Raph and Margaret Ruggles. If you remember, Louise Sutherland aka Rape was the daughter of the David and Margaret. Wife of Henry was Adaline. There has to be some connection between the Ruggles, Sutherland, Raph and even Rood families. I am missing Margaret all together. Have you found any connections as yet???
Just thought I'd keep in touch. I am learning more, just not enough.

Anna Dilks (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2002 9:37PM GMT
Surnames: Sutherland, Ruggles Rape. Rood
Hi Barbara,
No, I haven't been able to find anything on Ruggles or Sutherland. I have gone into just about every site I can find and do what ever search there is and still have not ben able to connect my family with any one else. I think I'm going to have to pay to get into deeper info on the Latter Day Saints site. They seem to be the only ones that have actual documentation. The others (Ancestry.com) have most of their info from data entered by other seekers that are willing to share their info.Perhaps looking into the other names you have, might give leads and I will check them out.
I have found a lot of living Ruggles through Yahoo and am sending letters to as many as I can. Hopefully there will be someone interested enough, and have info on their own family line to get back to me. It's a tough wait-and-see game but when the results start to come in, It's fantastic.
Thanks for your info and just as soon as I hear anything, I'll be sure to let you know.
Ann

Posted: 4 Mar 2002 2:53AM GMT
Hello again Ann, Was surfing the web looking as ever for the Rood/Rape/Sutherland connections. Have you found anything yet? Lots of possibities, but no concrete proof.
Keep in touch.
Thanks, Barbara

Anna Dilks (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2002 4:39AM GMT
Hi Barbra,
Haven't been able to do too much searching lately as am going through a divorce and getting the house ready to sell and looking to buy one. So much to do. Have some one that E-mailed me a week or so ago and said he had information for me but would have to get back to me later on it but I haven't heard a word from him yet.
I am afraid my mail might get lost as I am under my soon-to-be EX's contract but have my own now so should I loose any info, Here is my new address. KChillbilly6802@aol.com
just in case. I've transfered all my files and what I couldn't move, I put to a floppy. Don't want to loose anyone or any info. Keep in touch. Thanks, Ann

Christina Raph (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2002 10:10PM GMT
Just saw your message in a random search, not too familiar with the geneology area. Anyway, my Dad's family is Raph and is from around the Pipestone area. I think one or more of my aunts has done some research into the family. What would you be looking for?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions