Search for content in message boards

Help finding a Death/Marriage - Walder

Posted: 17 Jul 2011 7:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jul 2011 12:22PM GMT
Surnames: Walder, Snelling
I have been searching for a couple of deaths but have had no luck and its my 'brick wall' One was the death of Mary Ann Walder nee Snelling she was married in 1892 in Wandsworth to Albert James Walder I beleive she had a son William Henry who is on the 1901 census with his paternal grandmother and aged 5 but no sogn of what happened to his Mum also any trace of death or marriage of the little boy William Henry Walder after 1901 they both seem to have vanished

Posted: 17 Jul 2011 8:09AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2011 12:22PM GMT
Hi,
I can't find anything that you have?Have you the marriage cert?? Have you got the ref. for the 1901 census showing a grandson living with g/parents,so I can't begin to help you.

Regards

Sandra

Re: Help finding a Death/Marriage

Posted: 17 Jul 2011 8:33AM GMT
in checking back I have a marriage cert for Albert james Walder and Mary Ann Snelling on 15th February 1891 St Johns Church Fulham.On the Root web site for 'Snellings of Lambeth' I had a reply from someone who said that the 1901 census was not too clear and the name looked like Guilling but looking at it it is more like Snelling and the dates for the grandmother and place of birth is correct and the little boy William Albert Henry Walder was born in 1895 during the Dec quarter.What happened to them after 1901 is a complet mystery as is the fate of Mary Ann Walder. Albert 's trail disappeared until I find him next in 1916 in Ireland as a soldier linked with my late husband's paternal grandmother Eleanor Maud Churchill nee Rodd who it seems took up with him around 1909/10 and had five children by him She had two from her own marriage to John Malcolm Churchill in 1904 and brought all seven children up with the name of Walder although they never married I checked in Holborn and neither of them divorced their respective partners .So where did Mary Ann Walder vanish to, and where was Albert from 1891 until his paper trail starts again in 1916 in Ireland.I can find no trace of the deaths of Ann Snelling or William A.H.Walder the little boy from the census in 1901

Posted: 17 Jul 2011 9:18AM GMT
Hi,
From the marriage cert.who is the father of Albert James Walder and his occupation??

Regards

Sandra

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 6:09AM GMT
George Walder, and his occupation was Carpenter, born Alton,Hampshire and his wife Margaret Walder nee Holder born Romford Essex.
Albert James Walder was born in 10 Washington Road Kingston -upon Thames, Surrey 2nd February 1870

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 9:43AM GMT
Hi,
Having had a look around I have found a 'suspect' couple in the 1901 census.He's a Thomas Lane aged 36 place of birth Un Known? 'living' with a Mary A born Wandsworth 27 and a child Cecil
Horace Lane born Kensington.There is a birth reg. for the child and if it were me I would send for it and see if it's any help.On the 1911 census the pair are still together living in Hammersmith and both say they don't know how old they are but she says she was born in Wandsworth.I know it's a shot in the dark,but if you have a go at least you will have proved a negative,the birth cert.might be the answer.

Regards

Sandra

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 4:46PM GMT
Hi Thanks for that, any thing to break this brickwall down.It seems so daft that she could just vanish.Albert and Mary Ann's son William I think is living with her mother on the 1901 census but I can't find anything further as to what happened to him he wasn't brought up by his Dad as by 1911 his father is living with Eleanor Maud (my husbands grandmother and has started a new family.

Posted: 16 Jun 2013 6:00AM GMT
Surnames: Walder/Rodd/Churchiill
Hi I have just seen this post Do you mean that the Mary Ann mentioned could be my missing Mary Ann ???and would their child be Cecil.Mary Ann was illiterate according to her original marriage certificate to Albert James Walder and had put a cross instead of a signature on the marriage certificate.I still have no further trace of her(Mary Ann and Alberts first child) William Albert H Walder. born 1895 and on the 1901 census living with his maternal granmother Mrs Snellings I can find no death record of him or even of his Grandma they too seem to have vanished.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions