Search for content in message boards

Farrow Family on Hatteras Island, NC

Farrow Family on Hatteras Island, NC

Posted: 15 Aug 2010 5:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm researching the early Farrow family found on Hatteras Island, NC. This is current Dare County, former Hyde and originally Currituck. The Farrow family is one of the first settlers in the area. I have more information about downstream generations, but I'm posting a summary of the earliest, Francis, and one of the more interesting, Pharoah Farrow. If you have any information on this family and can help with the reconstruction, please contact me at robertajestes@att.net. Thanks so much.

We find Francis Farrow with a land grant in 1716 on Hatteras Island. This was in present day Avon. Ellen Williams indicates that she has found him as early as 1796 in Albemarle Precinct.

Ellen also found the record that Francis Farrow bound himself at age 16 in 1683 to sail from Middlesex County England to Maryland.

Oral stories about that the Farrow family was Native. They were not. Francis was age 50 by the time he lived on Hatteras and his wife's name was Barbara. He had two known sons, Jacob and Hezekiah, although there certainly could have been more children.

Francis Farrow's great-grandson was Pharoah Farrow who was born in 1870. Of course, with a name like Pharoah, it has stired the imaginations of subsequent generations, and now the story is that Pharoah was named that because the family was Egyptian. His father was Isaac Farrow and his mother was unknown. By the time Pharoah was born, the Farrow family had been established on Hatteras Island for 4 generations.

Roberta Estes

Re: Farrow Family on Hatteras Island, NC

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 3:29PM GMT
Surnames: Farrow
Hi, Roberta! I am also researching the Farrows. Can you give the line from Pharoah to Francis and sources? I have been trying to find Pharoah's father for a while now.

Re: Farrow Family on Hatteras Island, NC

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 1:39PM GMT
There were 4 Pharoah Farrows. Which one are you referencing? Ifyou can give me a birth and death date and spouses name, I can narrow down which one you need.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions