Search for content in message boards

Joseph Parker b: 1829

Joseph Parker b: 1829

Posted: 18 Sep 2003 12:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parker, Steadman
Looking for information on Joseph Parker of Addison County, Vermont, B: 1829 in VT. He married Eliza A. Steadman about 1851, and had at least 3 children: Anna (B:1852; D:1898), Mary (B: 1868), and Charity (B: 1870).

According to the 1880 census, Joseph was a blacksmith in Starksboro VT, and his Father was born in NY; Mother born in VT

Re: Joseph Parker b: 1829

Posted: 13 Jun 2005 6:43PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2005 11:42PM GMT
Surnames: Steadman
I do know that Eliza (Steadman) Parker is buried in the South Starksboro Society of Friends cemetery (Quaker) on Dan Sargent Road. The stone gives her date of death and reads "erected by William Parker" Do you know who William would be? Eliza is my 2nd great grand aunt and would be interested if you knew anything of her descendants.

Posted: 14 Jun 2005 3:12PM GMT
Surnames: Steadman, Parker
Hi Susan,
Can you share Eliza's date of death from her gravestone? Do you know of any other relatives who may be buried nearby?

I only have information on one descendant of Eliza, Anna Parker, who is my gr gr gr gr grandmother. I wouldn't be surprised if William is a son of Eliza and Joseph.

The Steadman family website has information on Eliza's ancestors. Let me know if you need the link.

Steve

Posted: 14 Jun 2005 3:58PM GMT
Surnames: Stedman, Steadman, Parker
Steve,

Joseph and Eliza did have a son William, born about 1861/62 in Canada according to the 1870 census. I cannot place him in later census. However, there is a William Parker in Monkton in 1930 census who is the right age but does not show being born in Canada.

Didn't we communicate a while back on your family? I have an extensive genealogy of Anna's family.

Susan and I have communicated many times on other Asa Steadman family lines and she has been a primary contact for that research.

If you will write me privately, I will give you a web link for a more up to data database of the Stedman families. This is not ready to be released at this time so I am just giving it out to family members.

john.

Susan Tower (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2005 4:59PM GMT
Eliza died March 1,1881, Eliza's parents and a sister are buried in the same cemetery. I noticed John has replied to this post and he has all my information plus much more. Keep me posted though if you find anything more on the Eliza and Joseph desc.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions