Search for content in message boards

Palatine Foxes (Mohawk Valley Fox Family)

Palatine Foxes (Mohawk Valley Fox Family)

Posted: 27 Jun 2001 12:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fuchs/Fox
I am looking for further information on the Fox family, descendants of Christophel Fuchs, from Germany. I have a rather large file, compiled by Donald Fox, if anyone is interested in it. If anyone happens to have the gedcom file from Donald Fox, I would be very grateful to receive it!

Peace,

Rebecca

Re: Palatine Foxes (Mohawk Valley Fox Family)

Posted: 31 Oct 2001 3:28AM GMT
Am looking for a Margaret Fox, married to Joseph England. THeir son Aaron was born 1839, so I imagine their births to be early 1800's or so. Any help would be great. Thanks so much.
Regards,
Shari Kane

Posted: 25 Nov 2002 4:05PM GMT
i am looking for Leander Fox who lived near nelliston. thanks

Sarah Timmerman Israel (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2002 2:26PM GMT
Hi
Listed in the book entitled "The Mohawk Valley Foxes" by Donald Fox, Leander is listed. Leander born 7-9-1813 Nelliston NY died 1-14 1888 son of Peter Wormuth and Catherine ( Shults) Fox. He married Barbara Klock on 10-24-1838. Barbara was born 2-5-1819 at St Johnsville, NY daughter of Christopher and Elizabeth (Dysslin) Klock. Leander lived in Brooklyn NY in the 1880's and wrote about his youth. The children were Annette - 1-16-1840, Byron- 1842, Stanley- no date. I hope this helps in research.

Saarah Timmerman Israel (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2002 2:38PM GMT
Hi
In the same book "Mohawk Valley Foxes", By Donald Fox, Another Leander is listed. He was born 1-29-1853 He was the son of Bernard Fox (1-27-1814 Palatine NY - died 4-24-1899) Bernard was married to Dorinda Kennedy( born 10-13-1813 Kanona NY- died 1-14-1892 at Gratiot county Mi. She was the daughter of Henry and Anna (Blair) Kennedy. Her father was the first settler of Kennedyville- renamed Kanona NY. There is no other listing of Leander.

Posted: 17 Aug 2003 9:32PM GMT
Surnames: Downie, Mackey, Banta
I notice your posting of the marriage of George Downie to Carrie Mackey on 24 Sep 1863, at Delavan, Walworth Co., WI.

My George Mackey and Ann Eliza Banta adopted a Carrie Mackey, who may have become a school teacher, and died at any early age. Do you know anythng about the parents of Carrie Mackey.

I am also interested in George Mackey, who may have been born along the Mohawk River, ca 1820+. He married Ann of Saratoga Co., NY in 1843 and the settled in Marquette Co., WI. Conclicting census record says he was born in PA. ?

Thanks,

Ron Yielding
Palm Desert, CA

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: Fox
Can anyone tell me who the father of Joseph Heinrich Fux born 1748 is??? possibly Johan Josr Fux

Thanks,
Eileen Sullivan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions