Search for content in message boards

Poindexter Family

Poindexter Family

Posted: 1 Dec 2001 8:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Dec 2002 1:31AM GMT
Surnames: Poindexter
Looking for proof that David Poindexter, who died in 1840 in Stokes County, NC, without a will, had a son, William. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Poindexter Family

Posted: 9 Jan 2002 1:02AM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2002 11:22PM GMT
I have a copy of a petition to partition the lands of John Fox Poindexter (Attorney , who never Married.1800-1888. This was filed in Superior Court of Forsyth Co. in July and Oct. of 1888. File # 136. A deceased brother William and his heirs are named. The Poindexter Descendant Assoc. lists them as sons of David.

Gene Owen (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2002 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: Poindexter
Can you please give me the subscription address for the Poindexter Assoc.?

Recently have found Poindexters who trace back to Betty Pledge Poindexter who was a Cherokee Indian and the papers relating to the Poindexters filing to become recognized as part of the Cherokee Tribe.

Also found info. on Francis and Evans Poindexter, who were volunteer soldiers that removed the Cherokee Indians from NC about 3 May 1838.

Posted: 11 Jan 2002 12:25AM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2002 1:31AM GMT
Thanks, I'll get a cousin who lives there to check it out, but if it doesn't "prove" that David Poindexter (died 1840) had a son William, it won't solve that problem. I know the Poindexter Family Association says it, but they haven't given me 'hard' proof.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions