Search for content in message boards

Fox - Dunham (Otsego County, New York)

Fox - Dunham (Otsego County, New York)

Posted: 8 Jul 2008 4:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Wishing to contact anyone in the family of Diadama Fox and Henry Dunham. I have reason to believe that my 4th great grandmother was a sister of Diadama Fox.

I have letters with reference to their two daughters, Nancy and Amelia.

Also in this line is one Susanna Chadwick. My family also has Chadwick's from that same area.

Re: Fox - Dunham (Otsego County, New York)

Posted: 13 Oct 2008 3:44PM GMT
Surnames: Dunham Renfro Behymer VanMatre
Do you have the names of Henry and Diadama DUNHAMs sons?
What years were any alive?

Posted: 13 Oct 2008 4:34PM GMT
I only have listed them having had two sons. The first was Samuel named after Henry's father Samuel Dunham born 5 March 1830 and died 2 years later on 16 October 1832. The only other son I have listed for them was James H. (probably stood for Henry) who was born 16 December 1844. He did live long enough to marry. His wife's name was Mary Hardin.

Henry Dunham's father was a minister, Samuel Dunham and his mother was Mary Earl.

Posted: 5 Nov 2008 6:02PM GMT
I thank you for your reply. I am in IL. where Ira L. Dunham married, had several children and passed in Richland Co.,IL.
I thought at one time he might of been Henry's child but can not find out. A Henry was divorced from by his one wife (I have read due to excessive drinking??), this was sent to me by someone??

Posted: 5 Nov 2008 6:59PM GMT
I have an Ira L. Fox.....born in 1822 in Cortland County, New York and died on 18 November 1844 in Taylor, Cortland County, N.Y., but no Ira Dunham that I can find. This Ira was the son of John Fox and Louisa Jackson, which made him 1/2 brother to Diadama Fox Dunham. Do you know who were the parents of the Ira L. Dunham you speak of?

Posted: 5 Nov 2008 7:25PM GMT
No I do not find it on the bride and groom book at the court house here but possibly someone made a mistake on the book> I need to check her sisters whom he married first while I am at it.

Posted: 5 Nov 2008 7:26PM GMT
Thank You so much.

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 4:36PM GMT
James Dunham married Mary Harding 1st cousin to Warren G. Harding.Lived in Galion Ohio. Worked for the Erie railroad for a very long time.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions