Search for content in message boards

Draughon/Ward Families

Draughon/Ward Families

Posted: 30 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 3:43PM GMT
Surnames: Draughon, Ward
Looking for info on the William and Bridgett Draughon families. William died in Bertie Co., NC c 1690. Their daughter, Bridgett, m/ Thomas "Luke" Ward. Any info on the Ward parentage?
Please e-mail me at cb210@aol.com
Thanks!

Re: Draughon/Ward Families

Posted: 19 Apr 2002 6:34PM GMT
I am interested in any info you may have on the William Draughon that you listed as having died in NC around 1690. I know of a Walter Draughon who married a Brigette Brown about 1710 in Chowan Co NC. William is a new name to me on the Draughon Family list. Please advise as to your source.
John E. Drawhorn/Draughon
Sketchbugle@msn.com
1812 Hargrove Rd E
Tuscaloosa Al 35405
205/553-7271

Posted: 19 Apr 2002 7:10PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2004 7:51AM GMT
I must have made an error in the query I wrote. This was some time ago.
I descend from Walter Draughon and his wife Bridgett and their daughter, Bridgett Draughon. I have little info on Walter and Bridgett. Did not have a last name for Bridgewtt. I see you have Brown. Would love to get what info you have on them and their daughter, Bridgett's marriage to Luke Ward.
I do have a William Draughon in my data base though. He was born 1768, Bertie Co, NC, son of James Draughon and Elizabeth Wells. James was son of James and grandson of Walter.
Thanks. My e-mail is cb210@aol.com
Chris

John E. Drawhorn (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2002 3:27PM GMT
I suggest you either speak with a Wallace R. Draughon of Rt 2 Box 681 B Chapel Hill NC 27514, or order a copy of The book, "Descendants of Walter & James Draughon, Sr. of Bertie & Edgecombe Counties, North Carolina." I ordered one & it has helped me make the necessary connections to the Draughon/Drawhorn Family line. The only info I have on Walter & Bridgette Brown Draughon is that she was born about 1690 in Chowan Co., NC & they married about 1710 in Chowan Co., NC. It has Walter as having been born in 1690 also in Chowan Co., NC. He died in 1766 in Bertie Co., NC & was buried there as well. However, according to some unknown source, others have Walter being born in North Yorkshire England in 1690. Either way, they were both about twenty years old when they married. And, where they married & when is not in question. The interesting thing with regard to my family is that I also married a Brown. Anita Carol Brown - whose father was Clifford Heflin Brown - born in LaFayette, Chambers Co., Alabama, October 31, 1940. In fact, their entire family was from what is called the "Chattahootchie" Valley (Lanett, Langdale, Valley & Fairfax, as well as West Point, GA). Hope you make the connections you need.
John E. Drawhorn/Draughon

Posted: 7 Oct 2009 8:28PM GMT
Can you tell me how I could obtain a cop y of this book?

Posted: 12 Nov 2011 1:37PM GMT
Has it ever been confirmed that Bridgett's maiden name was Brown?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic