Search for content in message boards

James Manley

James Manley

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 1:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Manley/Boom/Daniels/Lawson
My line was in Jack Co. Tx and James died there. They were there during the Civil War. Him and his brother, Joseph were part of the Texas Rangers Frontier District while most of the men were gone fighting, the Indian Raids increased and this group paroled and fought them. There seems to be two James and two Josephs in the county at the same time, hard to follow what little records there are. He was buried where is now Perrin Tx. That time it was the Lassiter Ranch. Has anyone found that grave. Also Mary Jane Manley Rowland (James daughter) inherited something in Ft. Worth area early 1900's maybe a little earlier. Have found nothing on that. Her great Aunt Mary Jane raised her.

Re: James Manley

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 11:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Lonna,

My ancestor was James' cousin Thomas J. Manley. Thomas was also in Jack County in 1857 and 1858. I don't know anything about what he was doing there. He was back in Dallas County in 1859. Thomas J. Manley died near Ferris Tx in 1873.

Email me directly at jerbai@verizon.net if you would like to exchange information on our Manley ancestors.

Thanks,

Jerry Bailey

per page

Find a board about a specific topic