Search for content in message boards

PIRZ or PIRC

PIRZ or PIRC

Maggie LLAMIDO (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PIRZ, PIRC, JANECEK, MAREK, SOSSICH, CINCICH
The earliest record I have is my ggrandmother's Italian passport, 1928, which uses PIRZ as the spelling. This is the only variation I'm aware of. My family comes from Pola (Pula), Istrian Peninsula, which has been at times, part of Austria, Italy, Yugoslavia, Croatia. I would like to research my roots there and would like to know how to go about it. Where would I go for records? What languages are spoken there now? Is it difficult to get civil or church records? Is it safe to travel there? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you. Maggie

MEREK

AMANDA (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Schuhmacher, Merek
I am also trying to look up my grandmothers family background. Her name was Marianne Schuhmacher. Right now I am trying to find out about her mother Marianne Merek whom was married to Christof Schuhmacher. The only thing I have to go on is their name and the date they died.(Marianne
02-20-54 and Christof-02-8-54) If you or anyone has any information what so ever even if in may be another relative related to Marianne or Christof please respond on this message board or e-mail me.Thank you!!

Amanda

PIRC GENOLOGY

MARY JO PIRC (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MICHAEL PIRC, SCHUSTERICH
I also am trying to find where my grandfather lived and maybe some relatives. Michael Pirc, born 4-15-1884, was born in Austria and came to the U.S. around 1900. His friends and releatives came with, but all I can find in a name is SHUSTERICH (SCHUSTER IN Iowa).Very limited in information. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

PIRC

Maggie (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: PIRZ, PIRC, SOSSICH, JANECEK, MAREK, CINCICH
MaryJo, I tried to contact you by your email address but it came back undeliverable. Please contact me by email, clicking on "Maggie", above.

Michael Pirc

Posted: 11 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2002 5:25PM GMT
Tried to send you an email, but had it returned. Try locating the SSDI / death certificate for Michael Pirc, before you begin researching in Slovenia. The Pirc surname can be found in any number of different places, and you need to narrow down the area, before you can begin. Also try the declarations of intent for naturalization, and the ship's manifest, which might provide information on his place of origin. Hope this helps.

pirc

Jay pierce (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: pirc
hi
we are the pirc's from cleveland ohio usa. the name was changed to pierce in the 20s or 30s i think. the family was from slovenia, but the passports would list austria, as yugoslavia was under the austro-hungarian empire around that time. it may not be the same family. my mother, (who is of croation descent, named Grubac), says the Pirc's were from at town named "nova cita". as we are second generation us born, we do not know much of our family history. are we connected? who knows.
Regards,
Jay Pierce

pirc geneology

Posted: 27 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 3:57AM GMT
Surnames: pirc

B. Lapajne,

Thanks for the info--I need it, I have a new

e-mail address. I'm in the dark on my grandfather

but I'm trying. Any info is very helpful--so

I'm going to start looking for more manifests.

THANKS--------Mary Jo

re: Pirc

Posted: 11 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2002 5:25PM GMT
What was your father's first name, and what were the names of his parents? Are you one of five Pierce/Pirc children and was your father an only child? Was your grandfather John/Ivan, who died in the 1970's? If so contact me at my email address.

Pirc Searcher

Posted: 12 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Apr 2005 6:58PM GMT
Surnames: Pirc, Vidmar, Supan, Zupan
Hello, all you Pirc-Searcher out there,
I am sitting here in Ljubljana, Slowenia, and do microfilming (for the Genealocical Society of Utah)the "Popis prebivalstva", which means counting the population, wich they did about every ten years in the past, and there is no day, without seing a Pirc on the documents. So, if you go to the site of the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" www.lds.org, and then from there to Family History and so on, you find your way to the place search and find out, what has been filmed for Ljubljana. I am not finished by far, but am here over half a year, so maybe some films are allready available for you to look at in your next Genealogical Library of the Church in your area.
Also often I see "Vidmar", but very often "Supan (or Zupan)" and their variations.
Good luck and Gods blessings to you in your searching.
Helmut

PIRC GENEOLOGY

Posted: 20 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 3:57AM GMT
Surnames: PIRC

Thanks to all who tried to reach me. The above e-mail
is correct.

Michael Pirc is my grandfather, he lived in G.kris,Carniolan province ,slovenia, formerly Austria.
He was born in 1884, came to America in 1902. He had a sister --Josephine--that stayed in the old country.
His friend's surnames were YONKOVIC, SCHUSTER OR SCHUSTEREICH, HARAT. No other information at this time.

MARY JO

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions