Search for content in message boards

Mulrooney from Placentia Bay, NL

Mulrooney from Placentia Bay, NL

Carolyn Murray (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2006 3:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mulrooney, Whiffen
My cousin Angela Whiffen married a Francis Mulrooney but I don't have any info on where but it was about 1950. Any info on the Mulrooney would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Mulrooney from Placentia Bay, NL

Posted: 18 Apr 2006 4:43AM GMT
Edited: 1 Oct 2006 7:29AM GMT
Hi Carolyn...Best place to stary on Mulrooney would be the Red Island website,www.redislandnf.com. Go to their family tree index and find Mulrooney. I have my Judge relatives of Red Island married to Mulrooneys of Red Island,but that specific one is not in my Judge marriages,so do try Red Island site.Ward. wardgreene@hotmail.com

Posted: 18 Apr 2006 4:54AM GMT
Hi Carolyn...me again. I thought your cousin Angela Whiffen sounded sort of familiar. On my Point Verde Greenes side, my great-great-grandmother was AMELIA WHIFFEN ,married to Patrick Walsh. Their daughter,Anastasia Walsh(1850-1918) was of course my GGM. Can you ask Angela if this is the same Whiffens?If so,I'd like to add some information to my family tree.Thanks.Ward. wardgreene@hotmail.com

Posted: 18 Apr 2006 12:08PM GMT
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out today.

Whiffens

Posted: 18 Apr 2006 12:12PM GMT

Re: Whiffens

Posted: 19 Apr 2006 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Whiffen
Hi Carolyn. You're quite welcome,regarding my Red Island tip etc. And about the net...I agree...I never expected in my whole life to meeta Whiffen.Often wonder where my GGGM came from with that name. Maybe you have the answer.The net is great. Look forward to your email re Whiffen. Ward.

Re: Whiffens...MURRAY

Posted: 19 Apr 2006 2:56AM GMT
Surnames: Murray
Carolyn....Don't suppose you have a relative baned Anne Marie Murray from Placentia area,approx. age 62 maybe? Incidentally,when I was a kid,my parents knew a Tom Bollard or Ballard in Point Verde/Placentia area. Ward.

Re: Whiffens...re net finds

Posted: 19 Apr 2006 3:01AM GMT
Hi Carolyn...I found an actual second cousin in Boston the same way. I found his posting.He only knew his GF had moved from Nfld. to Boston, I think late 1800s.Turned out his GF was much older brother of my grandmother. Have had lots of assorted cousins contact me through posting,99% of whom I'd never even heard of,but as we built up the family tree,they all fitted in correctly. Net is great !! Ward.

Re: Whiffens...MURRAY

Carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2006 12:17PM GMT
Hi Ward, I'll check her out. Who are your parents? I live in Medford - are you from around here?

Re: Whiffens

Carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2006 12:26PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions