Search for content in message boards

looking for relatives of Thomas Massie

looking for relatives of Thomas Massie

Virginia Massie Makielski (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Massie
I'm looking for relatives of Thomas Massie and Nancy S Maddox Massie.I have been researching Thomas Massie and family came to dead end on him.I have certain paper showing him listed with a middle letter but can not make out what the middle letter in his name is.If anyone can help me on my 2 great grandfather and great grandmother please contact at my email address.I know that there has to be many relatives that live in or about Amherst County that has some information on my Massie family.Help.
Posted: 3 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 3:32AM GMT
Surnames: Maddox, Massie, Smith, Poage, Livingston, Daniel
Am trying to find any documentation in Amherst Co, VA that might help me locate my gggrandfather, Charles H. Maddox, born March 20, 1805. My firm documentation shows Charles H married to Sarah Ann (Smith???) with several children; however I am starting to believe that Sarah may not have been his first wife and possibly not the mother of many of the children. Charles first known child is Samuel R Maddox born in 1831. Other children were born in KY, Ohio and Clinton Co MO where Chas and Sarah lived out their lives, Chas until 1876 and Sarah 1894. Have extensive information on this family after the mid 1840's, but nothing before. There are other Maddox families in the immediate area where Chas and Sarah lived in Clinton Co, but I cannot make a connection. The Chas H Maddox married to Mary Polly Massie seems to fit very well for my Chas if it was a first marriage. Any suggestions as to how I might obtain any documentation to help locate my Charles H?

Re: MADDOX

Posted: 30 Jun 2001 8:55PM GMT
Polly(mary)MAssie that married Maddox is related to my
massie family.
Posted: 11 Jul 2001 3:41AM GMT
Very interested in your information on Mary Polly Massie married to a Maddox. I am hoping this is my Charles H. Maddox, born 1805, and that Mary Polly may have been wife #1. Have a lot of information on Charles H, but with wife, Sarah. However, Charles' oldest son, Samuel's death cert shows mother as Mary??? Also have extensive information on Samuel and his family (quite an individual). My great grandmother, Frances, is daughter of Charles H and Sarah. Would love to see your information and share mine. I have elimintated so many Charles H. Maddox's, but the one married to Mary Polly keeps coming back and making more and more sense to me. You can e-mail me at Glynnko@aol.com. Hope to hear from you. Sharon

Re: looking for relatives of Thomas Massie

Posted: 13 Jul 2003 2:38AM GMT
Virginia- I read your query on Thomas Massie,but it was done a while back, so you probably have all the info that you need by now. That Thomas Massie that married Nancy Maddox was the 4th child and son of our John Massie and Susannah Wright. He was supposedly md. 27 Dec 1823 and died in 1865. Nancy's father's name was John Maddox.

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 3:28PM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2013 3:30PM GMT
I am researching a Thomas e(eugene)Massie that move from virginia and evenually settles in Buford kentucky I am not sure about when he he is born 1815 or 1822 but he dies in 1889 he was a doctor his death record can be found in the Kentucky Hartford Herald newspaper may 1889. He seems to have been married several times last to a Sarah a Morton.
I have been trying to research Thomas back to Virginia Massies but I am not sure exactly which one.
My Name I is Paul J Massie(paulm@iglou.com) and he is my great great great granfather.

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 11:43PM GMT
According to the book, "Four Families of Amherst and Nelson Counties, Virginia - Bolling/Bowling, Campbell, Massie, & Maddox" authored by Shirley T. Craft:

Thomas Massie, born about 1821; died 6 May 1889.
Married 3 times: (1) Martha Moorman; (2) Catherine Wade, (3) Sarah Morton. Moved with 3rd wife and family to Kentucky.

Thomas Massie was the son of John Massie Jr. and Sarah (Sallie) Campbell. John Massie Jr. was the son of John and Susannah Wright Massie.

Hope this helps,
Sylvia

Posted: 9 Aug 2013 6:40PM GMT
Surnames: massie
Hi

I am a relative of Dr Thomas Eugene Massie he lived on barnett creek rd near bear buford ky. His son Charles Congress Massie is my great great grandfather who is buried in New hope cemetary in grayson county along with his son George Thomas Massie which is my great grandfather.
I have been searching for Thomas Eugene Massie grave you by chance wouldn't know where it is ?

Paul J Massie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions