Search for content in message boards

Jensen

Bearskin Lake Resort

CJ Lee (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I don't know if it will help you but it's a start.

Here's a link to a resort on Big Bearskin Lake, They might be able to give you the info you are looking for. Good Luck

CJ Lee

http://www.cloudniner.com

Jensen

Mary Jensen (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jensen, Kuykendall
I am looking for any info on the Jensen family that lived on an island on Big Bear Skin Lake. My husband father was Jerome L. Jensen, b.around 1915. His siblings are Ellouis, George(Bud), and William. Jerome's father was George,(I'm told) and he worked for the railroad. I don't have his mother's name. The family still owned the island in 1989, and a resort directly across from the island. I am hoping that the lake is in Oneida Co. as I only had Harshaw to go by.

Jensen

Vicki M. Hanson (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jensen, Fredericks, Johnson
Hi Mary,
I do have some information for you, not to much but I'm sure you will like this. I have researched this family years ago. John Frederick Jensen b. Dec 1852 in Sweden, married Marie Carrie Johnson b. Apr 1858 in WI. John died in Arkansas unknown date. Marie Carrie died in Merrill unknown date. They had 5 children,1. George(your line) b. in Merrill, WI no date known. married to Mary Ament. 2. Clara E. b. Apr 18, 1880 in Merrill, WI married to Charles Johnson b. Apr 10, 1860 Sweden, m. 1895. Clara d. May 28, 1961 Rhinlander, WI, Charles d. Feb 18, 1941 Rhinlander, WI. (This was my line, of which I have further information).
3. Laura M. b. Sept. 13, 1893, Harshaw, WI d. Mar 3, 1963 Woodruff, WI, m. to Sidney Trapp on Mar 29,1912b. Dec 13, 1892 Warrens, WI d. Dec 14, 1954 Lac Du Flambeau, WI ( I do have alittle more inform. on this family. 4. WIlliam H.(Wille) b. Jun 1890 Harshaw, WI, d. Feb 10, 1981 Rhinlander, WI 5. Allen b. Jun 1885 WI death in Harshaw, WI
Now on George side there were 5 children, Jerry, Kathleen, Elloise she married a Kuechle , George Jr. (Buddy) b. 1911 Merrill, WI death Mar 9, 1982, Milw ??( she marrried a Dee ? I have a letter from her), and Billy( William).

As I look back through a couple of these letters John Frederick Jensen married Mary Perry second and went to Arkansas and is said to have 7 children out there. In the letter from Rosalie Hunter, she said that Billy used to come to Woodruff in the summer to Big Bear Skin Resort, and that he remembers well.Rosalie lived in Woodruff in 1986, and was born in 1913 mar. to Merlin Hunter.
Hope some of this helps. Would like to hear from you. Even though this is my ex-husbands family I still try to keep up with it. Vicki

Jerry Jensen

Mary Jensen (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jensen, Kuykendall
Oh, how great! I would love to have a copy of the letter Dee sent you. I have conflicting birth dates and years for Jerome L., but I believe he was the oldest child. Do you have any other info on Jerry? or Kathleen? I know that Jerry died from injuries sustained in an auto accident near Sitka, Alaska, in 1969. We don't know where he is buried. Thank you for the response, send a ged com if you have one.

Jenson

VIcki (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jenson, Fredericks, Michelsons, Johnson
Mary,
I could make a copy of a couple of letters pertaining to this family and I have a citizenshiip paper ( Port of arrival NY, Nov 1892 #1168)on Charles Johnson, some other death and marriage records also.I did find in some of my notes that John Frederick Jenson died from electrocution on island off Mississippi River Bridge?? I really don't have anything else on Kathleen or Jerry. I don't have this family in GEDCOM yet but maybe I will pick away with it since you have me stimulated in this direction. I will also do some investigating. I will need you snail mail to send you the copies. This family has always been confusing at times for me because there are more Jenson families that I am researching in this area, and two more JOhnson families in this area all on the same branch. Gotta keep them straight. I was thinking about getting up to Rhinlander to do some research this summer they have really kept there records good and easy to use. Well keep in touch. VIcki

Re: Jensen

Posted: 11 Mar 2002 7:40AM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2002 1:24AM GMT
Surnames: JENSEN
Resort info from Tressie (JOHNSON) READER:
"They had a 100 year lease on the land. When it ran out, the Wisconsin DNR did not allow them to renew the contract"

--------

Tressie is the daughter of Clarine Elizabeth JENSEN

Clarine is the sister of George JENSEN (your husband's grandfather).

Posted: 27 Aug 2002 9:51PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2003 2:39PM GMT
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR RECORDS

We have upgraded to Comcast High Speed Internet Access.
My new e-mail is: neuber@comcast.net

Posted: 16 Jul 2003 4:20PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter
The Hunter family is in my line if you would like more information on it. Merlin, also caled Merly, was my grandmother's brother. She is the last sibling alive and still resides in Eagle River. Merly was the husband to Rosalie. I know my grandmother would have some information on the family if you need.

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 4:04PM GMT
I am not sure you are still looking at this site but am taking a chance that you do...I have been looking for history of Big Bearskin Lake and came across your page here.... We have a cottage on the lake and it has been in our family for the past almost 60 years. I remember Jensen Resort and and the Island of the lake where the children of the Jensen family still reside today! I would like information too on the lake - people who had resorts etc....

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 1:37PM GMT
Our family vacationed at Jensen's Resort on Big Bearskin Lake on several occasions. Remember my mother talking about all the walleye that they caught in 1928. I may even have pictures from that era. We stayed in the Island cabin on at least two vacaions.
One year we had three families staying at the resort, George Jensen cooked a wonderful breakfast for all of the people in their home on the island.
Andrew (Andy) Kaiser was their fishing guide. Remember him tapping his pipe on the edge of the boat calling the crappie. He still had heavy German accent. Fished with cane poles and bobbers.
We last stayed their in June 1960. Many very fond memories.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions