Search for content in message boards

Densmores from Maine

Densmores from Maine

Posted: 10 Aug 2001 5:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Feb 2002 6:26PM GMT
Surnames: Densmore, Bragdon, Baker, Davis
My grandparents-Forrest Louis Densmore and Laura Baker divorced when my mother was small (circa 1930's). He remarried in 1945 to Martha Davis and had two daughters - Deborah and Dauphine. Forrest was born June 30, 1900 and died Oct 1964. He was the son of Frank and Laura (Bragdon) Densmore. My mother would like to know more about her family history, and I am failing miserably in find it. Please help. Thank you

Re: Densmores from Maine

Posted: 11 Aug 2001 2:05PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2002 4:07PM GMT
Janet, while I can't give you any specific information about your ancestors, I can offer a bit of advice. Always start from what you know and go backwards from there. You know the grandparents divorced, so perhaps you could find those records. Do you have birth, marriage and death records for the people you name? There may be clues in those documents. Check census records at a local library with a good genealogical collection, or through a LDS Family History Center. Take a look at Rootsweb's Guide to Family Trees http://rwguide.rootsweb.com/ - lots of good suggestions there. And, perhaps most important, be persistent, think creatively, and don't give up.

Re: Densmores from Maine

Densmore (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2001 11:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Dec 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Densmore, White
My greatgrandfather was married to a Aha (not sure on the spelling) in Westbrook Maine. His name was William Lewis White.
May e-mail me at home. Ruth White Mesarch
per page

Find a board about a specific topic