Search for content in message boards

Israel Dewey descendants

Israel Dewey descendants

Posted: 3 Jul 2000 2:54PM GMT
Edited: 18 Feb 2002 6:34PM GMT
Jim Kimble: I have the Dewey Family Genealogy book. Fortunately my Dad knew the recent 5 generations to connect us to Thomas. Am in the process of trying to find a connection with Simeon. Nothing. But.. I've ben lucky with other family members so expect to find something.

Israel Dewey

Nancy Dewey (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2000 8:16AM GMT
Ihave 5 Israel Deweys in my line. 1645,1673,1693,1738, and 1765. If you are interested in any of the information I have please contact me. I will be glad to share what I have. I have information from Thomas Dewey of Sandwich, Kent, England b.1606 through my son LArry J. Dewey of Arizona b. 1990.

DEWEY, Thomas

Posted: 10 Jul 2000 8:39AM GMT
Edited: 4 Nov 2001 6:11PM GMT
Hi Nancy
I found an old copy of the Dewey book, BUT unfortunately the last pages were missing. Maybe you can help me.
ELECTA DEWEY is my first Dewey member. Born 1790 and married to Henry Mason. He was born in Fort Ann, New York. I have only a year of birth for her and a death date.
Her father was THADDEUS DEWEY born July 5, 1752 in Westfield, Mass. Died April 7, 1833 in Fort Ann, New York. Married Anne Noble.
His father was THOMAS DEWEY born november 1721 in Westfield.
I would love to have the bio detail on these three Dewey members.
My E-mail address is: vkngprints@aol.com.
THANKS for any help you can give to me.
Jim
Posted: 17 May 2001 9:52AM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2002 4:21PM GMT
I am interested in the family info that you have. I have been looking for a long time for a connection with my family line. My gr
gr gr grandfather was Anthony Dwey born possibly in Virginia. He was married to a lady named Epthodana. His son William Amosey Dewey born January 26 1856 in Missouri
and married Ellen Jane Marriott in Ozark County, Bakersfield Missouri.
That is all we know... However, in my search I have found Dewey's that came through that area (known as Bennett's Bayou)
about that time. Some settled around there around Elizabeth Missouri, while others moved on. The Dewey I talked to there said that family grapevine says the rest settled in Marion County, AR area (That's my family).
Can you help? I know two of the Dewey's in the Elizabeth area were Israels.
Thank you for your time.

Israel Dewey

Nancy Dewey (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2001 5:43PM GMT
Cindy,
The Israel Deweys from our line come from New England. I'm not sure if there is any tie to your family. The names you gave did not sound familiar.

Re: DEWEY, Thomas

Posted: 9 Apr 2002 7:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Oct 2002 2:34PM GMT
there are several referances to Thaddues Dewey in the Websites about Fort Ann, NY. I believe he is also listed in the cemetary listing for that area. and held several town meetings at his house. he was also on the voting roster.

Posted: 9 Apr 2002 8:14PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2005 3:56PM GMT
Thank you.

Posted: 8 Dec 2002 8:36PM GMT
The thomas you refer to is probably Thomas Dewey II or he maybe refered to as Cornet thomas Dewey. Cornet is a military rank equal to an ensign. I have found reference to him with this description and his wife's tombstone reads wife of Cornet Thomas Dewey, not as Thomas Cornet Dewey as some in my family believe. This rank was used by the militias. i have found my family off his line.

Re: Israel Dewey

Sandra (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2003 4:06AM GMT
I am trying to verify a Dewy line and don't know if I am on the right track. Hope you can help. Do your sources show the following line:
Amos b. 1831, son of Erastus b. 1796, son of Isreal b. 1765, son of Joseph b. 1743, son of Jabez b abt 1720, son of Isreal b. 1673, son of Isreal b. 1645 CT, and Thomas b.1606 Kent England. ??
I am trying to trace my ggrandmother, Sarah (Dewey) Laidlaw b. 1847, Dewey ancestry.
Any help appreciated,
thanks
Sandra

Re: Israel Dewey

david (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2003 5:52PM GMT
Surnames: Dewey
Sandra:

I have a reprint of a book written by Louis Marinus Dewey of Westfield, MA published in 1898. I have not reviewed any information on descendants beyond Israel b. 1673 in that branch of the family. Let me take a look at the book over the next few days and I will let you know what I find. It generally is very complete as long as the surname remains Dewey, which your Sarah does.

Thanks

Dave
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions