Search for content in message boards

Feely family of Co. Louth, Ireland and Toxteth, Liverpool, England (1845 - post 1900)

Feely family of Co. Louth, Ireland and Toxteth, Liverpool, England (1845 - post 1900)

Posted: 12 Aug 2010 8:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morton, Feely, Baker, Lenoury.
Samuel and Susannah Morton lived in Ravensdale, Co. Louth, Ireland. One dau, Sarah Morton (1845-1885) m. John Feely. They lived in Toxteth, Liverpool and had six children:-
Margaret (b.1869), Sarah (b. 1870 and m. Alfred Baker in 1894), Robert (b.1873 and m. Mary Lenoury in 1898), John (b.1876), Mary (b.1878), and Samuel (b.1884).

Re: Feely family of Co. Louth, Ireland and Toxteth, Liverpool, England (1845 - post 1900)

Posted: 17 Feb 2011 8:41PM GMT

I have just read your post re Feeley and Lenoury family.
I am related to these two families. please reply if you would like to swap information.
Ann.

Re: Feely family of Co. Louth, Ireland and Toxteth, Liverpool, England (1845 - post 1900)

Posted: 17 Feb 2011 10:30PM GMT
Hello Ann!
Thank you for your reply. I have to admit that the names Feely and Lenoury are on the outer edge of my genealogical interests but I arrived at their names as follows - in reverse order:-
Mary Lenoury m. Robert Feely in Liverpool in 1898.
Robert was a son of John Feely and Sarah Morton, both of whom were born in Ireland.
Sarah Morton was a dau. of Samuel Morton and Susanna M.
Sarah's sister Elizabeth (1850-1912) m. William O'Neill in 1872 in the Presbyterian Church in Jonesborough, Co. Armagh.
Elizabeth and William had 8 children.
I am in contact with a gt. gnddtr of Elizabeth and William. She lives in Canada.
Does any of this make sense to you or is it of interest??
Please let me know.
Regards,
David

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 8:21PM GMT
Hi David
Thank you for your reply, your information is of Interest as I now know that the Feeley/Morton Family came to Liverpool from Ravenscar Co Louth. My Interest is that Robert Feeley was married to Mary Le Noury, her brother Joseph Le Noury was my g,grandfather. Joseph had one child Rose Ann, my grandmother.Robert and Mary did not have any children and Rose Ann was close to them.
robert and mary both died several months apart in 1954, but I clearly remember visiting them as a very young child, probably 1953 as a 4yr old. I am trying to find Joseph Le Noury who vanished in 1911 travelling to san francisco.
Have you by any chance come across him in your research.eg Family census records etc.

best regards
Ann.

Posted: 2 Mar 2011 7:26PM GMT
Hello Ann-
My apologies - sent you a reply some time ago but checking this has shown it vanished into the ether somewhere.
My answer is no - I have never come across anyone with the name Le Noury (what a lovely name, too!).
My own experience suggests that ,especially in this case, there are many possible variable spellings and this may be the route to try.
There are several Morton wills available on line on the PRONI website. Let me know if I can help in any other way.
Regards,
David
Bangor, Co. Down

Re: BRADY FLORENCECOURT

Posted: 7 Jan 2012 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: BRADY
This post was deleted by the author on 22 Mar 2012 10:29PM GMT

Re: BRADY FLORENCECOURT

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 10:37AM GMT

Hi
sorry to say that I do not have any Info regarding the Family that you are searching for.
sorry I could not help.
Ann.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions