Search for content in message boards

Families of Bailey Gordy b. 1810 (descendents and ancestors)

Families of Bailey Gordy b. 1810 (descendents and ancestors)

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 9:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GORDY GORDA REED
VIa Bettie J. GORDA, My 4th Great Grandfather is Bailey GORDY b. 1810 in North Carolina and died in 1891 in Stokes County, North Carolina. I am trying to locate his parents esp the GORDY Lineage. I believe him to be the child of Moses or Jacob GORDY of NC and a descendent of Adrian "Bryan" GORDY from Scotland. Any information would help. I have an extensive list of descendents of Bailey that are not posted in this message. Would like to share this information. Thank you, Stephen

Bailey GORDY b. 1810
1st marriage to Unknown abt 1830
Marriage: ABT. 1830 in North Carolina

Children:
Moses Gordy b. 1831
Sarah Gordy b. 1833
Lucinda Gordy b. 1835
Phebe E. Gordy b. 1838
Martha Gordy b. 1840
Julian S. Gordy b. 1841

Bailey's son Julian married Polly Mary Merritt their children:

Bailey A. Gorda b. 24 Aug 1862
Hampton Gorda b. Nov 1867
Anna Gorda 1871
Fanny L Gorda. b. 25 Nov 1877
Bettie J. Gorda 1881Bettie, Julian's daughter married Joel Franklin Reed their children:
John S. Reed b.unknown
Ben Reed b.unknown
Melissa Reed b.unknown
(These above children are stated to exist by their niece Margaret)
(These below children are documented in the US Census)
Bessie A. Reed b. 1902
Alice Reed b. abt 1905
Theodore Reed abt. 1908
Sammy Reed abt 1909

Bailey GORDY b. 1810
Sarah Unknown (Wife)
Marriage: ABT. 1845 in North Carolina
Children:
Hogan Gordy b. 1846
Mary Gordy b. 1848

Bailey GORDY b. 1810
Louisa Unknown (Wife)
Marriage: ABT. 1855 in North Carolina
Children:
Delphina Minerva Gordy b. 1855
William J. Gordy b. 1860
Shubal G. C. Gordy b. 1863
Anthony L. Gordy b. 1871

Re: Families of Bailey Gordy b. 1810 (descendents and ancestors)

Posted: 22 Sep 2002 3:39PM GMT
Bailey Gorda is a familiar name in my family. My uncle's name was Bailey and my great grandfather's name was Bailey. I believe my great grandfather was born in North Carolina in 1868 and later moved to Springfield, IL. He was married to Clara Bennett and died in 1932. Is there any relation here to you? Thank you.

Posted: 22 Sep 2002 10:41PM GMT
Surnames: GORDA, GORDY, BENNET
Yes, your great grandfather is my great great grand-uncle. I have the following information: Baily was born 24 Aug 1862 in North Carolina. He married Clara Primrose Bennett on 15 Dec 1892 in Farmington, Saint Francois County, Mo. I have his death date as 06 Sept 1931 in Springfield, Sangamon County, Illinois. I have Clara Primrose Bennet born 25 Aug 1875 in Iron County, Mo and death date 04 Sep 1956 in Springfield, Sangamon County, Illinois.

This makes you my 3rd cousin once removed. I would be interested in exchanging more infornation, and have quite a bit of research information on many of the Gordy/Gorda lines.

Look forward to hearing from you. Stephnen

Posted: 23 Sep 2002 2:28AM GMT
Yes, I am extremely interested to get more information from you about the Gorda/Gordy lines. My email address is lonton96@cableone.net. It's a long story but even my father knows very little about his heritage. Thus, the information you provide will be my first real insight to my heritage. I'm very anxious to hear from you. Thank you!

Posted: 9 Nov 2002 4:47AM GMT
Surnames: Gordy - Smith of N.C. stokes Co. and Guilford Co.
Looking for information on Gordy's, what I know and it is not much, Louisa Gordy married David Harrison Smith, married in Stokes county N.C. Louisa's parents were William Gordy and Jane Gordy. stokes county N.C. Germanton area. David Harrison Smith's parents were William C. Smith and Martha J. Smith, William C. Smith started out a BROWN and was adopted or choose to be a SMITH. (?) Time frame for Louisa's parents is about 1840 to 1930. Louisa Gordy dates are 1886 to 1952, and her husband was 1890 to 1967, they died and was buried in Guilford county, NC. The Gordy's and the Brown's stayed in Stokes county. There also was a Belle Gordy - Uncle Belle Gordy. ? may have been Louisa's brother or her uncle. Any information I would appreciate. Thank You Robin rlcarmichael40@msn.com

Melinda Gordy Corporon (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2003 10:32PM GMT
Stephen,
I think we have been in touch before. I was just looking at the message board, which I haven't perused in quite some while, and found your emails re. Bailey. I have a lot of gaps in this family line (and the siblings of Bailey).
Please email me and we can begin a dialogue. I would like to also include anyone else who is interested. My researching group has found a lot of new background information on the original Gordys. We are working toward as complete a family picture as we can get to put somewhere on line within the next year.
Sincerely, Melinda Gordy Corporon melinda@texhoma.net

Posted: 8 Jul 2003 1:28AM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2006 5:45AM GMT
Surnames: Smith - Brown - Gordy - COX - Whitaker - Essick
William Gordy married Sarah Ann Briggs.
had a Daughter - Louisa Christina Gordy she married a Smith
Can we connect. Would love to share info.
Thanks Robin

Posted: 21 Oct 2007 3:32AM GMT
Surnames: Gordy
My Great Grandmother was a Gordy.
Louisa Christina Gordy she married David Harrison Smith,
There was a Aunt Lizzy Gordy
and a Uncle Bell Gordy.
Jimmy Gordy
Stokes County North Carolina
Germanton area possibly
Can anyone help
Want to know Lousia Christina Gordy who were her parents.
Thanks
Robin

Posted: 26 Oct 2007 7:31AM GMT
Surnames: Gordy
Looking for information on Louisa Christina Gordy she married David Harrison Smith.
I think her father was William Gordy.
There was a Bell Gordy and his son was in the Army cause that is the uniform he had on in my picture. and a Jimmy Gordy.
Lizzy Gordy was an Aunt.
Stokes County North Carolina.
Germanton Area of Stokes County.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You
Robin

Posted: 26 Oct 2007 4:35PM GMT
Robin, Hi, I have been looking for my great-grandmother, Annie B. Gordy and can't find anything on her. She was born October 10, 1864 in Alabama and died June 14, 1902 in Arkansas. I am thinking she was Indian. I would truly appreciate any help you could offer. Thank you, Linda Langley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions