Search for content in message boards

Jeffreys of Lawrence County Alabama

Jeffreys of Lawrence County Alabama

Posted: 15 Mar 2003 1:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 May 2003 2:25AM GMT
Would like to hear from someone who had as an ancestor, Thomas Jeffreys, wife Susan with a son Monroe living in Lawrence County, Alabama in 1900. Thanks

Re: Jeffreys of Lawrence County Alabama

Posted: 25 May 2003 9:46AM GMT
Your Thomas Jeffreys was my great-great uncle, brother to my g grandfather, Gainer Jeffreys. In fact, Thomas and Gainer resided with each other prior to their respective marriages and are listed as such in the 1870 Census of Lawrence Co., AL. This line of the Jeffreys family has been traced back to the mid-1600's. If I can be of any help, let me know. Jerry

russell jeffreys (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2003 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: jeffreys
Does your Jeffreys line include Simon 16__ -1733, wife Elizabeth Hilliard 16__ 1742; Osborne 1717 - 1793, wife Patience Speir 1725 - 1793; and Simon II 174_ - 1812, wife Sarah Norfleet 175_ - 1793 or beyond. They lived in Virginia and later in North Carolina. I have nothing beyond Simon Jeffreys 16__ - 1733.

LaRinda Middleton (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2003 1:01PM GMT
You wouldn't happen to know if your Jeffreys were connected to some Jeffreys from Marion County, AL? I have a Mary Catherine Rebecca Jeffreys born 1844 Marion, died 1924 Colbert who married Elijah Gist abt 1861. That is all I have on her.

William R. Graham (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2003 1:51AM GMT
To the best of my recollection, I asked about the Jeffreys of Lawrence County because they were neighbors to the Grahams who llived in the Courtland Valley in Lawrence County from 1816 to the early 1900s when they dispersed to other areas. But to be certain, I'll have to drag out my notes. Thanks for answering. Thanks for responding. Bill

Kimberly Jeffreys (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2004 1:16AM GMT
Dear William,
My name is kimberly Jeffreys and My husband is a decendent of Thomas Jackson Jeffreys.. I have some information on the family but not much.. If you have any questions please email me at KJJeffreys@aol.com
Thanks..

Jim Jeffryes (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2004 1:32PM GMT
Gainer Jeffreys is one of my great , great grandfathers thru his son Jesse Jeffryes . Would greatly appreciate any information you might have going back to the 1600's. Thank you , Jim
per page

Find a board about a specific topic