Search for content in message boards

Uriah Male from Somerset b. 1810

Uriah Male from Somerset b. 1810

Posted: 28 Dec 2007 6:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: male
I'm starting to work on my family tree and I have traced back to my great great great great grandfather, Uriah Male from Somerset. Does anyone have any information on him or his descendants?

Thanks

Re: Uriah Male from Somerset b. 1810

Posted: 18 May 2009 11:15AM GMT
Surnames: Male
Uriah Male is my wife's Great Great Grandfather. He was christened in Seavington on 5/6/1808 - Not sure if this is your Uriah, but my one was notoriously vague about how old he was if you go through the censuses. His father was Malachi (b 1777, Barrington) who, with his wife Mary, had the dubious privilege of being run out of Seavington and sent to Drayton under the Poor Laws in 1832. From Malachi it is possible to trace the tree back to Ricardus Johannes Male (1594) who is a further 6 generations back.

Posted: 18 May 2009 5:03PM GMT
Thank you so much, this is the Uriah that I'm looking for. Since I posted this message I was able to go as far back as William Male in 1674, would you happen to know where I can find the additional information that traces the lineage back to Ricardus in 1594?

Posted: 19 May 2009 12:48PM GMT
Sure, pleased to help. If you have an account at Genes Reunited I can give you access there. Alternatively I can email you the Gedcom file if you drop me a line to brett@sciencenow.com

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 7:19PM GMT
Surnames: uriah male
hi just saw your quetion about uriah male, he is my great/great/great grandfather too. would love to see where your connection is too. rachael
funny thing about this, is he his a male by name and my name is male but from my fathers side, uriah is on my mothers side

Posted: 4 Apr 2011 4:28AM GMT
You have to work hard on your family tree when you have a Mayle in your family. It seems that they married into the same families alot. My grandmother's father was a Mayle and her mother M.Minerd. And M. Minerd's father was a Minerd and her mother was a Mayle. Found out that some of them even married their own first cousins. Oh and giving the boys the same names made it difficult too.

Posted: 24 Dec 2011 1:43AM GMT
Surnames: Male Mayle
Hi All

Can someone clear something up for me, Richardus Johannes I have for b 1594 d to 1628 and Johannes Richardus Male unknown birth and found a death for a Johannes Male at 1602 Cambridge.

Are these the same people? Is it possible for Johannes to have come from somewhere else? as opposed to being born in Barrington? Also has anyone actually managed to get past Johannes. is it possible Johannes Male comes from Germany? and has anyone got his wife as Margaret Phylp?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic