Search for content in message boards

Indian Burial Grounds

Indian Burial Grounds

Kathleen (Stoneking) Cooper (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STEINKONIG STONEKING

I'm looking for any and all information about my 5th grt-g'parents. Jacob Steinkonig(Stoneking)and his Seneca Indian wife said to be by a blanket marriage in Cumberland Co., PA in 1748.

She is said to be buried in the Indian Burial Grounds at Dutch Corners in Bedford Co., PA.

Thanks in advance for any information someone may hace or can obtain.

Kathleen (Stoneking) Cooper
in Illinois

Stoneking, Indian query

carol (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: STONEKING
In the 1810 Census of Woodberry and Hopewell Townships of Bedford County, they list a John Stineking. This must be a relative? The census enumerators were poor spellers sometimes. Dutch Corner is just over the mountain (west) from Woodberry Twp. I am from that area but not sure exactly where the burial grounds were. My brother thinks near the old "Alvey Claycomb" farm. That is near route 1001 and Imlertown on a map if you want to check InfoSeek Map Search or Lycos Roadmaps. You'll have to enter Bedford as the closest town and then go northeast of there on the map itself.

Judith Stoneking

Douglas Barnes (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stoneking, Croyle, Ickes
I have a Judith Stoneking who married a Thomas Croyle Sr. They had a number of children. Their daughter Mary B Croyle was married to my 5th great grandfather. She married John Henry Ickes. I am trying to prove the relation back to Judith's mother Aliquppa. She had married a Jacob Stoneking. And the only child I know of is Judith. Aliquppa is a member of the Seneca as is Judith. Just trying to find out what tribe and clan. They were in Bedford county at Dutch Corner ,Bedford co,Penn. The Ickes name is a popular name in Bedford co. Any help would be appreciated very much.

Re: Indian Burial Grounds

Lora Sellers (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2004 6:11AM GMT
Surnames: Dibert, Croyle, Stoneking
I know this message is old, but I may have an idea where this is. Across from Uncle Alvie's (Alvie Claycomb) is the Dibert Farm Cemetary. But, on what is now called "Dibert Road" there was several indians buried, along with George Croyle, and supposedly Thomas Croyle, so that could possibly be where you are talking about. Unfortunately, years ago, when they put the road through, they dozed through the middle of the cemetary, and only one or two unmarked stones are left.

Re: Judith Stoneking

LINDA DULL (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2006 3:22PM GMT
Surnames: Croyle, Irwin, Wise, Marker, Berkybile
Tribe - Seneca and information I have says she had a brother JohnStoneking, aka Half Prince.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic